xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

What Do You Use Your Computer For? it seems I am way behind...

What is your computer generally used for?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where to start:|> Gaming|> Programming (VB, C++, PHP, ASP)|> Web Development|> Surfing the net|> IM's (MSN, Google, Xfire)|> TeamSpeak|> P2P Filesharing|> Torrenting|> Watching Movies|> Listening To Music|> College Work

I am using my computer to learn more about Adobe Photoshop and macromedia programs (Dreamweaver and Flash). Before, I was just using this to design websites using Microsoft FrontPage. Then, I started joining Forums like Trap 17 and started getting hooked to Friendster.Com. I also chat with my relatives using Yahoo Messenger, and I am active in the mailing list of this particular singer. I also download some legal stuffs and MP3s from the internet. And when I am not connected to the internet, I play solitaire and Hearts when I am done doing my Adobe and Macromedia lessons.

i cant really vote because i use my laptop for schoolwork, photo editing, video editing, c programming, watch dvds/videos, listen to music, playing games, so what i use my computer doesn't come under those choices. :)

I use my computer for the internet, and for MSN and rarely for homework not because we get none but because i dont do it that often, I used to download programs that i thought were usefull but turned out to be spyware or viruses, once i found a worm embedded in an email that i need to activate a program! so now my main use is for the internet and creating flash animations and website pages in dreamweaver.

I use computer for 3 things:Entertainement : Internet, video edition, play games and watch movies/television.Work: Create reports, solve computer problems, send emails.Improve skills : Solve software problems, read tuturials...

Wow...everyboy wrote a small list here :angry: I use my computer mostly for communication, by messengers, to listening to music, and for webpge builnding. I have some games on my computer, but Iplay very rearly, cause I don`t like it very much, and when I have a little free time, I always do something else, for example I watch a film, and while I watch that movie, I donwload something interesting from the net. Last week I found a very good online Radio station, and now I listen it very freqvently, cause they play only new songs, and just quality song. I like it so much. Can u recommand meg such good Online Radios?So...I don`t use my computer for very important thinsg, but I unfortunetly I can`t be without it, alredy it becamed a part of my life.

well mine is pretty similar to a few before me. I use my computer for lots of my school work (research, essays, blah blah blah). also for browsing the internet, checking out sites, posting in some forums. photoshop and dreamweaver for learning how to and then building my site. then also for other entertainment like music, games, and sometimes a movie. must have been really different when computers were not around

Well.. i use one of my PCs for gaming and school related stuff like essays and research. Another pc is used to run a COD2 server :angry: that i usually play on lol. :angry:

Most useful for games - mainly W. of Warcraft and other stuff like farcry and AOE.I spend a lot of time tinkering with websites or photos and such - comps are very handy when it comes to passing ur photos around. Definitely beneficial with school work or long projects, as you can go back and change whatever you want.Time just seems to fly away. :angry:

well i think most of us use the computer for programming purposes, in my case thanx to my Xisto account, i upload my website and related stuff... ok this is my daily stuff:do flash programmingplay some games such as AOE IIIchat with some girls :-)meet teachersdo my school stuffwrite on my forumadministrate my storecheck for computer newsobviuosly check my emailand well do nothing.... hehe yep there are sometimes i dont even know exactly what to do....

Me personally, I:Listen to musicDownload musicWork with my websiteWork with my forumsKeep up with Hogwarts-InteractiveVisit a lot of pointless sitesIM my friends and familyWrite my booksEntertainment/Webmistressing is mine.

my computer is my life. simply put, it's what i need at school. why? because my course is computer related. but of course i also use it for surfing. and updating my site.

Man what do i do. hmmm wel here are the thingsMusic on iTunes 3100+ songs to listen toDownload musicMake graphics for my websites and Windows PSP program coming out in a month.Make Windows PSP programUpdate and make websites. Here are the sites that are up now that i have made--> carpetboarding.2hell.com and ojproductions.netHack the PSPPlay some games. Not too much anymore though.essays, homework ect.Update my blog on myspaceand last, but for sure not least edit and upload my indie films to video.google.com and Youtube.comSo thats what use it for.