xisto Community
shadowx

Wireless Network Not Found But Its There...

First of all what the hell has happened to the old trap i used to know and love? I stopped being active because the site just went nasty and i come back and damn guys... Opaque made some damn bad decisions with this place. Anyway... Im here out of desperation... firstly let me say im a network techie so hopefully i have covered the basics already... We have a wireless network setup here at work through the whole building based on dumb access points. In the office (here) it is 100% usually but on this laptop i cant even see our network. It runs with WPA encryption, i am unsure of the channel but i've never had it this troublesome before. The laptop is running SP3 and using the default windows xp wireless utility. I have three other laptops here on my desk, all three of them pick up the wireless and connect. I can have a working machine sitting next to this one and this one wont even see the network while the other connects. It isnt that i cant connect or that i get connection errors, the network isnt even in the list of networks. The only ones showing up are nearby residential networks (which all the laptops usually pick up from this office) so i know the card is good. I have one in the list now that is WPA so i know the card is capable of recognising WPA networks.Any ideas?!Windows firewall is off, AV running is sophos, No other security software installed. Card is obviously on and WZC is running it, IP settings are auto (Even though it wont have any effect at the moment), i *KNOW* the wireless network is there. Windows is up to date with win update and i have admin access.