xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Nvidia 8800 Gt Sli Driver Update Issues

I've never been able to successfully update my graphics drivers for my nVidia 8800 GTS SLI cards. A friend assembled the computer and I don't know if he did something wonky to it or what but it's driving me crazy. The driver version is 7.15.11.7516 which is from like 2008 I think!I tried to update using the latest SLI update on nVidia's website first. After the restart, the display seems fine and I have control for about 1.5 minutes until the display stops responding to keyboard commands, you can still move the mouse but can't click on anything.I reboot in safe mode, do a system restore back to the driver update and try again. This time i disable one card in the nVidia control panel and update a single card with the latest graphics driver (not the SLI one) at nVidia's website. After the restart, same thing, frozen display.I've looked online but can't seem to find anything that can help :( Does anyone know what is causing this? Thanks!