xisto Community
scruppy

Another My Cents Question

scruppy your mycent will appear soon as i hope. you need to post more and a good quality posts. i checked your 12 posts you made till now, most of them are a one line or two lines posts, and even less sometimes which considered here as a spam posts. please check the rules of the forums from here this will give you a good information on how things are going on here.

also, your mycent will appear with any update of mycent in the forums which is not instantly right now but it be done every 2-3 days. so be patient please.

and by the way, if you talking about your topic "mycents" then it is not deleted but maybe moved by a mode and here is the link for it

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/73065-mycents/

good luck.

Hey, Scruppy. Sorry about your mycents problem, but I have some remedies up my sleeve! ;) Are you sure that you signed up for mycents in the Xisto - Support website? You also have to signup with the exact e-mail address that you use with Xisto. If you have done those, there is almost a 100% guarantee that your mycents will work in no time.

While the system is still working out your mycents account, make some quality posts (quality means any post with a word count of <25) and post some great topics. As Web_designer has said, your posts look "scrappy" :lol: at this point, most of them can be even considered as spam. Thats about all you can do right now and the mycents always appear but sometimes it takes more time for some users, just hang on tight.

Hey there Scruppy, I know how irritating it can be to wait for your first mycent update. The counter normally appears after you make five posts, but the only reason it has not appeared even though you have crossed 10 posts is that you are not making long-enough posts. This doesn't mean that you should make rambling posts which deviate off the topic, just in order to make it long. Stick to the topic and make it a decent length, and I'm sure your counter will open soon. If you continue posting at the current length, then your counter may not open before you reach 30 posts! So just put more effort into posting and you'll enjoy the cents soon!

Hey there Scruppy, I know how irritating it can be to wait for your first mycent update. The counter normally appears after you make five posts, but the only reason it has not appeared even though you have crossed 10 posts is that you are not making long-enough posts. This doesn't mean that you should make rambling posts which deviate off the topic, just in order to make it long. Stick to the topic and make it a decent length, and I'm sure your counter will open soon. If you continue posting at the current length, then your counter may not open before you reach 30 posts! So just put more effort into posting and you'll enjoy the cents soon!

Hello H.O.D, I have a quick question to regarding posts. even though it is 5 posts are they judged upon quality or length or a bit of both :D also is it true that it takes a couple of days for the counter to show up even if you have the required 5 quality posts as web_designer had stated. also it seems like some posts are worth more myCENT's than others is this true and if it is what is the maximum myCENT you can earn for post? Also H.O.D i'm sorry for asking so many newbish questions as you can tell i'm new here :P and anybody else can answer but it seemed like you knew how the point system worked :)

Regards, caleb

Hello H.O.D, I have a quick question to regarding posts. even though it is 5 posts are they judged upon quality or length or a bit of both also is it true that it takes a couple of days for the counter to show up even if you have the required 5 quality posts as web_designer had stated. also it seems like some posts are worth more myCENT's than others is this true and if it is what is the maximum myCENT you can earn for post? Also H.O.D i'm sorry for asking so many newbish questions as you can tell i'm new here and anybody else can answer but it seemed like you knew how the point system worked
Regards, caleb

hi CalebFTW welcome to the forums, and feel free to ask anything you want. we all were newbies and had a lot of questions ;) .

about how posts are judged, i think the main two things are quality and length, also as i stated before you should follow the rules with your writing type. like your post shouldn't be less that 25 words or about, no swearing and using a decent way of writing, i mean writing in grammars, using quotes tags and code tags when it needed...ect. so be sure to read the rules first and you will be on the right way. also try to post in tutorials category, posting some useful information will make you earn a good amount of mycent. about the maximum amount of mycent you could earned, well i don't think anyone knows, it depends on the mycent system i think. just keep on posting and good luck.

Hello H.O.D, I have a quick question to regarding posts. even though it is 5 posts are they judged upon quality or length or a bit of both :D also is it true that it takes a couple of days for the counter to show up even if you have the required 5 quality posts as web_designer had stated. also it seems like some posts are worth more myCENT's than others is this true and if it is what is the maximum myCENT you can earn for post? Also H.O.D i'm sorry for asking so many newbish questions as you can tell i'm new here :P and anybody else can answer but it seemed like you knew how the point system worked :)

Regards, caleb

Hi there caleb, first of all congratulations for getting your mycent counter started :)

As web_designer said, no one really knows how the sytem works. Especially now that the system has been upgraded, it's more of a mystery as to how it works because there are so many factors to be considered. When the old system was up (that was when I was more active), I remember concentrating on the length and quality of the posts, instead of how many posts I made. So if done right, you can earn $1 with a single post, provided it's good. Also, making too many posts in a short time seems to be bad for the earnings, or at least that's what I noticed. So focus on making good quality posts and make them long enough (but not tooooooo long!) as those two factors are important.

also is it true that it takes a couple of days for the counter to show up even if you have the required 5 quality posts as web_designer had stated.

I haven't been very active since the new mycent system came so I'm not sure about this, but it does seem that the updates are taking place roughly after 48 hours each time. So I guess after making 5 posts, its better to keep posting instead of just waiting for the counter to open. I hope that helped.

oh congratulation CalebFTW for finally getting your mycent shows up. and i have to add something to make things more clear. as opaque stated in one of his posts, but i can't remember where, almost in the alerts and notices category, is the new mycent system been affected by many other things like, the topic rates, the member rates, the wisdom flag and the activity in the forums. but as i think, the main two parts are still the quality of the post and the length of it. so do your best, and keep on posting and you will on the right way, good luck.

oh congratulation CalebFTW for finally getting your mycent shows up. and i have to add something to make things more clear. as opaque stated in one of his posts, but i can't remember where, almost in the alerts and notices category, is the new mycent system been affected by many other things like, the topic rates, the member rates, the wisdom flag and the activity in the forums. but as i think, the main two parts are still the quality of the post and the length of it. so do your best, and keep on posting and you will on the right way, good luck.

I don't think those new features are implemented yet. As far as i can see, its still the same old myCents working... and not working most of the times. I think it still didn't come down to 24 hours updating time. The last time i got an update was about 2 days ago.

First I had to wait a very long time, very long as it seems in my appreciation, and after some time the MyCents counter showed up all by itself. In the mean time there was an uncertanity all the time wether or not the post that were made in the forum would count or not. And now is there the uncertainity how much the posts deliver. And it is not obvious how the MyCents are counted. Is it done automatically? Usually somebody would expect that. It is not expectable that somebody is reading all the posts and rewarding MyCents to them.