xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

How Do I Edit Startup Programs in Windows XP

I have a far better and quicker solution then the MSconfig option, download and installl Soluto, restart your computer and let the program run. Once it tells you how long it takes for your computer to boot up, open up the program and it will lists all the processes that are run during boot. I would go through the list carefully but it should be fairly easy to see which processes you will pause and which ones to delay. Best way to use this is see what is being recommend for each program and by the time your done going through the process you should see a faster boot.

Thanx for the input. I have downloaded Soluto and will try it out. Will this program start automatically on reboot?

Yes it will start when you reboot and of course it will start when you turn the machine on each time which is recommended. However, since it is a fast little program it shouldn't bother you all too much since the only way to turn it off would to be uninstalling it, but since it turns off a lot of the programs at boot it is a very small price to pay for a faster computer.