xisto Community
mrdee

Burning Subtitles With A Film Would like subtitles included

Hello,I have a film (in .avi format) on my hard drive, and in the same folder, I also have a set of subtitles for that movie (in .srt format).I have renamed the subtitle file to exactly the same name as the film (except for the file extension, of course), so all the media players I have (WMP, VLC, DivX) therefore display the subtitles when I play the film.However, now I would like to burn that flm on a DVD, and I would like it to play with the subtitles displayed.I use Nero 10 as my main burning program, but that does not seem to burn the subtitles automatically along with the film (I use Nero Vision to burn films).I also have Windows DVD maker (I use Windows 7 Ultimate), Camtasia Studio 7 and DivX Player to burn films, but I am not sure any of them burn the subtitles along with the film, and I would rather not run into surprises using a blank DVD foe burning the film, only to see it plays without displaying subtitles.Can anyone advise me on what I need to do to burn a film to a DVD so that it plays with the subtitles displayed by default?All help will be very much appreciated.Thank you very much in advance.

I like the software ConvertXtoDVD. Makes burning video files easy. I have not burned subtitles but here is a youtube link that shows how to do it - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ you don't want to use this software maybe you can find a similar method with the software you are already using.

To add to that, I suggest you make an image first before burning the DVD. This will tell you about any problems you will face without wasting a DVD. In fact, I create an image before burning the DVD quite often. I find that if I directly burn it to DVD, one small problem like a corrupt 1kb file that hardly matters might end cost me one DVD.