xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Undo Function For Folders In Windows 7? Getting back some accidentally removed folders.

Hi,I use Windows 7 Ultimate, and for some odd reason, while trying to delete a subfolder from my D:\ drive (a second hard drive used for backups etc.), a great deal of folders were wiped off, while I only wanted to remove the one.I also made the mistake of pressing "SHIFT-Del", which wipes it straight off instead of sending it to the Recycle Bin, although I got the message "This folder is too large to fit in the Recycle Bin".Anyhow, I don't know what happened, or what mistake I made (sure wasn't paying enough attention at the time), but what I would like to know is: does Windows Explorer have some sort of Undo function for situations like that (Tried to go into "Organise" at the top of the folder menu, and then did Undo, but that did not seem to give the correct result), or will I have to resort to downloading a data retrieval program to get the folders back that were deleted by accident?Please let me know if I can rectify my mistake the simple way, or whether I'll have to pay for my mistake and do it the hard way.Thank you in advance.

just download a file recovery software which will allow you to undelete.in most cases, if you accidentally deleted a file and it's not in the recylcle bin, it is still able to be recovered. just make sure you don't use that backup hard drive until you recovered the files you need. this is KEY! anyway, i supplied a link to some free software for you that you can download and try out....http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

yeah file recovery is your best option.... Try looking on google you will find loads of softwares...If you just deleted the files around 90% of the files will be recoverable.