xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

How To Reduce The Size Of Video Flv

Hi all,I got some good IIT lectures from the you tube.It's quite awesome.But the only problem is that it is larger in size.How can i reduce the video file size?..can anyone suggest any software(if u know any opensource software it's better)?. Is it possible if I convert this to some other video file type.?.Each file of this lectures are around 70MB-100MB.please consider the quality of video file while suggesting any methods..

YouTube videos are already very compressed, so i don't think you'd be gaining much space back by compressing them even more. If you want to try, you can download Virtual Dub. It's not an advanced video editor, but it works great for converting videos. Just open up the FLV in Virtual Dub, and under Video > Compression, choose your codec. I would suggest something along the lines of DivX. DivX tends to have a good quality-filesize ratio. After picking the compression method, save as an AVI.

HiYou have to download some software for it, for example i use VideoCharge Studio. (it no free soft, but has free-trial)nextYou can review your video and remove some bad scene. (It you can reduce file size)http://www.videocharge.com/Index.php have to set video setting (bitrate) so that reduce size. http://www.videocharge.com/Index.php. It is very easy.