xisto Community
Raptrex

Psp Square Button Problem

How do I fix my psp's x button? When I press it, it doesn't work. But if I wanna make it work, I have to press it extra hard before it works (and I'm tellin ya, its not easy)._________________________________________________Another question... My psp was included in an offer and when they gave it to me, none of the games worked... My parents said that I should convert it to english and just download games to it. I did but once I converted it, I wasn't able to update the software... And now my psp's version is a low one, (3.52 M33). So now my question is, is it possible to UN-convert the psp and then update it then convert it back but now with a higher, and updated software (possibly a 5.00 or a higher one)???? If anyone knows how to do any of these, I am asking to please reply...=)-reply by pspgamer.123

How do I fix my psp's x button? When I press it, it doesn't work. But if I wanna make it work, I have to press it extra hard before it works (and I'm tellin ya, its not easy)._________________________________________________Another question... My psp was included in an offer and when they gave it to me, none of the games worked... My parents said that I should convert it to english and just download games to it. I did but once I converted it, I wasn't able to update the software... And now my psp's version is a low one, (3.52 M33). So now my question is, is it possible to UN-convert the psp and then update it then convert it back but now with a higher, and updated software (possibly a 5.00 or a higher one)???? If anyone knows how to do any of these, I am asking to please reply...=)-reply by pspgamer.123

Unconvert? And why do you have CFW 3.52? Get 4.10 M33.... Anyway, if you want to update it, google for a firmware compatible with CFW (i don't believe that you don't know about your psp but you know how to CFW/Flash it) and download the update. Then update your PSP to OFW _____ and then do a CFW flash on it (find the files on psp hacking sites or youtube but hacking sites are recommended)... Don't do any firmware higher than 5.00 because you'll either have to install GEN or you won't be able to put CFW on at all.
And i never had problems with the square button (I have a OFW PSP2000)... It was the analog. It was clogged because of dust and whatnot and eventually it was soooo crappy that when my sister hid the PSP from me (or maybe she took a hammer and *BLEEP*ed it up), it broke off. Another PSP bug is the Battery Cover, and the UMD tray. The battery cover tends to come out or if tapped, turns off the system (somehow untriggers the connections with the battery to system) and the UMD problem is regarding scanning. Sometimes it scans or is permanently broken, other times when tapped just slightly or you put it down, it goes to "do you want to exit the game" such as if you pressed HOME or if you opened the tray.