xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Cloning A Sim Card

Hi,I want to tether a cell phone to a notebook computer in my van and use it for GPS and hands free calling while in the van. I have a tmobile touch pro II that I carry with me all day. I haven't decided which phone to tether to my laptop. Do you have any suggestions. I'm thinking about switching to ATT in order to surf the net and receive calls at the same time. I use my phone for business and technical support. It would be nice if I could surf the net while talking to a customer when they need information. That's where your expertise comes into play. I want to clone the sim cards in order to use the phone and laptop in the car and while I'm at a customer site. I currently have to use internet sharing to tether to a laptop but I still have to use the cell phone for talking and I can't surf and talk at the same time because I use T-mobile. My idea of the perfect setup would be a high gane cellphone antenna mounted to the roof of my van and connected to a cellphone which is always thethered to my laptop/notebook computer. It would be nice to have software running on the laptop that allows me send/receive calls from the laptop. It would be even better if the laptop could display the incomming caller information. I have a touch pro II, which uses Windows Mobile. This is probably the most compatable OS for what I want to do. Any advise would be appreciated.

Hi,I want to tether a cell phone to a notebook computer in my van and use it for GPS and hands free calling while in the van. I have a tmobile touch pro II that I carry with me all day. I haven't decided which phone to tether to my laptop. Do you have any suggestions. I'm thinking about switching to ATT in order to surf the net and receive calls at the same time. I use my phone for business and technical support. It would be nice if I could surf the net while talking to a customer when they need information. That's where your expertise comes into play. I want to clone the sim cards in order to use the phone and laptop in the car and while I'm at a customer site. I currently have to use internet sharing to tether to a laptop but I still have to use the cell phone for talking and I can't surf and talk at the same time because I use T-mobile. My idea of the perfect setup would be a high gane cellphone antenna mounted to the roof of my van and connected to a cellphone which is always thethered to my laptop/notebook computer. It would be nice to have software running on the laptop that allows me send/receive calls from the laptop. It would be even better if the laptop could display the incomming caller information. I have a touch pro II, which uses Windows Mobile. This is probably the most compatable OS for what I want to do. Any advise would be appreciated.

Well cloning Sim cards may just be illegal in your country/state... You can always check with your local service provider (do it in a kind tone).
However if you really have to clone your sim card, here's what you need:

1. IMSI number: (International Mobile Subscriber Identifier) that really long string of numbers printed on your card. It is around 15 digits long, and looks like this: IMSI:923012215567690
2. Sim card duplicator (search for super sim on google, or go to vavolo)

Get your IMSI number first, then, you can view the detailed instructions here: cloning sim cards

Great to help!
Edited by Maltstick (see edit history)