xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

The Lengthiest Tennis Match Ever - 11 Hours, 5 Minutes!

I don't know how many people out there are watching Wimbledon daily but there's lot of action/drama going on here too like in the FIFA World Cup :) Yesterday on Court 18, a historic match was played where the two players fought a battle for 11 hours and 5 minutes, spread over three days! John Isner's final score after beating Nicolas Mahut was 6-4, 3-6, 6-7(7), 7-6(3), 70-68. I've never heard about these players till now and I guess not many people know them, but now they've earned a place in the record books :) They played for almost double the time of the previous record (6 1/2 hours) and what's more interesting that the first four sets were finished within 2 hours or so, which means they played a single set for more than 8 hours!!! Can't imagine what it must have felt like to wait 3 days for the result of the match....