xisto Community
sukhi

Organisms Emitting Radiation

Do you think organisms /plants and even humans emit radiation ?

this is defintion of radiation below from wikipedia :

"

In physics, radiation describes any process in which energy travels through a medium or through space, ultimately to be absorbed by another body. Non-physicists often associate the word ionizing radiation (e.g., as occurring in nuclear weapons, nuclear reactors, and radioactive substances), but it can also refer to electromagnetic radiation (i.e., radio waves, infrared light,visible light, ultraviolet light, and X-rays) which can also be ionizing radiation, to acoustic radiation, or to other more obscure processes. What makes it radiation is that the energy radiates (i.e., it travels outward in straight lines in all directions) from the source. This geometry naturally leads to a system of measurements and physical units that are equally applicable to all types of radiation. Some radiations can be hazardous.

"

Clearly organisms dont emit radiation but there is a question here to all : There could be

undiscovered radiations from the body which we have not been able to quantify.

Historically electro magnetic radiations were predicted theoritically and

then later on many years they were actually discovered.

I must say there could be an alternate science for measuring those radiations.

Clearly organisms dont emit radiation...

You do, actually. Assuming you are a perfect black-body emitter at a body temperature of 310K you emit radiation at a peak wavelength of 9.35x10-6 m. This wavelength falls within the mid infrared region of the spectrum.

You do, actually. Assuming you are a perfect black-body emitter at a body temperature of 310K you emit radiation at a peak wavelength of 9.35x10-6 m. This wavelength falls within the mid infrared region of the spectrum.

Lol i also thought the same at a later time after the post that

we do emit Infra Red radiation or energy but the thing is that is more of

an outcome of our energy in the body.

What I try to say is there any rays being emitted from the body

that would be sent out to communicate something to the environment

and get some feedback for the same. Something like the

bats using the auditory waves for seeing around couldbe called a radiation

emitting from them.