xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mandarpowale

Is There A Limit To Evolution ?

i think there's not limits to all kind of evolution. since we live in an changing environment and every day new circumstances affect new environment in so many ways then consequently a new evolution will appears according to that effect. best example is the new kinds of diseases that appear each day, like "swine flu" that appears suddenly from certain circumstances and spread wide world. also finding a vaccine to theses diseases is another kind of evolution.

That's a complicated question. Some say that Evolution cannot change one species to another, of course they are wrong and we have mountains of evidence for this. But the other way of looking at it is "Can Evolution create a fire breathing dragon?" and I don't know, I'm not scientist. Evolution has to act within the laws of physics and mostly acts by natural selection, in a completely forced and falsified environment would it be possible to make a fire breathing dragon? I don't know. So my answer is a resounding I don't know and I don't know if an evolutionary biologist really knows, though they could give a better hypothesis than I could. All Evolution is tied to is the limits of natural laws and we haven't seen all what evolution can make, I know I haven't really said much but I really don't know.

I think that it is possible to have unlimited evolutions as there are unlimited permutations and combinations to the matter and energy world. Physics is discovery of the laws of nature and we do not know the law behind the nature. Thus Evolution must be unlimited as if it is limited then the nature is also limited and hence we have a paradox here ! Eti Shubham,Sukhi

I don't think there is any sort of limitation of evolution. As long as we exist as a species we will continue to grow and change as the enviornment around us changes. Granted, the process may well take millions of year, and it is so slow that we will never notice it in our lifetimes, but look at the fossal records of early man and see how we have change in the last million years or so.