xisto Community
OpaQue

What Is This Age?

Hello Members?I believe that the age we are living in ... is Information Age.What are your opinions?REgards,shree

I would have to agree with you. Information about ANYTHING is now at the very tips of our fingers, and available in a matter of only seconds. Back 100 years ago we didn't even have telephones, let alone computers. Our ancestors in rural areas didn't even have libraries, books were rare and hard to come by in a great deal of the country. It was difficult to learn any new subjects. About all you could learn was what your parents taught you.

agree on that, we are now living in a big circle of information. use information, exchange information we even learn children how to use it and this way we pass information. sometimes i think that we are living in matrix full of numbers and algorithms. however, the information is a horrible weapon, because we can either use it correctly and get benefit from it or use it in a bad way and harm or abuse others and this what makes people sometimes limiting themselves from using technology, and stay away from the world of information.

Information is very much the focal point of the lives of people and vital to the success of businesses these days. It's also the tool many businesses are using to generate their profits, and therefore the money to pay their employees. Information has become a vital component to many families livelihoods. However, you could also make the argument that we are in the "Public Age"; nothing is private any more. With people using websites like Facetube and Youspace to post every minute detail of their lives online, accessible to anyone at any time, we are in an age where personal privacy has all but disappeared for these people. It has almost become expected that people have all this information available online.

Yes.We are living in the information age.If we are lack of information,we will be weed out by the society even unsurvival.When you are birth,what you have done will become information for others who can know you from that information.We should understand information and analyse them for getting more information.In a word,human can't leave information.We are together and we are a whole.

But knowledge is something that we humans need to APPLY, but we lack the common sense.Regards,shree

But knowledge is something that we humans need to APPLY, but we lack the common sense.

well, we are all trying to get knowledge in our lives, either by studying or by experiences in real life and all will lead us to be better persons so we can pass this knowledge to others and help them be inform either. as i said before it is a big circle.

Definitely the Information age. It seems everywhere you look it is all about having, getting and owning information. It is driven by the computers, cell phones, Ipad and all the technology advances we are seeing.

We humans have evolved from the time where there was no written language. As far as I know history... ancient humans prefered oral communication over written communication (atleast in India).. But slowly... written language developed and we saw a new group emerging like Writers, Editors, Publishers etc.Now, is the age of Bloggers and Internet. I believe WIKIPEDIA is our new Bible / Quran because its edited by entire HUMANITY with equal rights. Today, I give my greatest credit to wikipedia for giving me sooo GOOOD and RELIABLE information... sorry, Knowledge.

Now, is the age of Bloggers and Internet. I believe WIKIPEDIA is our new Bible / Quran because its edited by entire HUMANITY with equal rights. Today, I give my greatest credit to wikipedia for giving me sooo GOOOD and RELIABLE information... sorry, Knowledge.

i agree with you opaque, wikipedia is always my first source of information, till now i couldn't have anything that i couldn't find in wikipedia yet. and always give me a very precised and organized information, sometimes i just thinking how much really the the storage of a site like wikipedia?

yes i also totally agree to Opaque that we live in age of information from the information frame of reference. One can also say we are living also in age of pollution becoz pollution levels are so high in cities , soil , water , rivers etc .. that we may say we are living in the age pollution.therefore i belive the frame of reference is important to give an objective meaning to the question.

yes i also totally agree to Opaque that we live in age of information from the information frame of reference. One can also say we are living also in age of pollution becoz pollution levels are so high in cities , soil , water , rivers etc .. that we may say we are
living in the age pollution.

therefore i belive the frame of reference is important to give an objective meaning to the question.

I would say rather insist that this age is aptly named the 'age of pollution'. Mankind indeed has been achieving great peaks of success in polluting everything around it and it is determined to take to the next level. I mean cmon, polluting land, air & water wasn't enough.... it was no fun at all, it had become usual and boring... we needed something more exciting and now we have moved towards newer horizons genetics, space, humans (clinical trails), minds (religious/communal warfare), food, media, Ideals, idols, culture, language, arts, history... the list is long... and we can see that our trend of success continues... Oil spills, gas tragedies and radiation poisoning.... are so Old school now...

Adding to Opaque's point i would say that this is more the time of information availability to one and all... its just a click away.... but you also cannot forget that not 100% correct as it is a collection of opinions some correct and some not. This revolutionary power of sharing has its own pros and cons. Information (even beyond our current comprehension) was always available but it was not shared with all but only with the ones learned enough to understand the significance, implication and consequences of having or using it... Information was handed down from teacher to student, mostly orally... It would be in the form of couplets, octets, scripts usually sounding like a poem when u recite them.... but are actually grand masterpieces of collaboration of Information, phonetics, mathematics, statistics, astronomy, literature, geography, spirituality and poetry all encrypted and compressed into these little couplets(2 lined) and octets(of eight vowels). They are the earliest and probably still by far the most complex cryptograms known to us..... if you are learned enough for your teacher to give you this info, you surely can decode the tons of data embedded into it and also not make changes to these masterpieces but to enjoy and employ the possession of them.... which would not be possible for a untrained mind. So, this was primarily to maintain the purity of the information being passed...

so with this paradigm shift in sharing of information the 'wrong information' has also simultaneously creeped into the domain of available information... I would define 'wrong information' as incorrect information, statements and assertions based on self opinion and not substantially backed, hate information, information violating gender, nationality, race, community, practice, profession, sentiment, rights, religion or peace and information that is twisted, turned and shaped by external forces for personal gains. There is also a big section of information which is 'created' to be true. Im sure you'll agree, Im talking of almost half of all the information available for sharing today..... so technically we have even polluted our information sharing system ..... WOW ... we are simply excellent in this pollution thingy....

So you have to give it to the AGE OF POLLUTION as the most apt for this age....

What age are we in.... I would have to say some sub age between post industrial, space, and governmental ages. Which all could be formed into some word like Indacemental. But, we are in a information age for sure, no matter how much of it circling around it just crap. (IE: Rumors, what a celeberty is doing, why you should care to watch reality shows *which we all know why you do* among other things.) In fact, there are a lot of different ages we could classify under due to green movements. *If you dont get the "which we all know you do", I was referring to the people who sit home all day and watch them. Get off the couch and go play a sport, or atleast do something productive :D.*

absolutely right, we are living in information age. We most important source to this age is internet. And having more information means you are at the apex of your age. So be in touch with information through internet.