xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BluePwNaGe

Help! With Computer Suggestions

hey everyone im looking to buy a new desktop because my laptop right now requires me to put everything on low settings on a game that i play (StarCraft2)....

my current specs right now for the laptop that i own is..

- Processor: Intel® Pentium® Duel CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz

- Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB

- System Type: 32-bit OS

and i dont even think my laptop has a video card... since its not popping up on my computer props..

Question 1 - With these current settings do you think when the game actually comes out, it can go higher then "Low" settings WITHOUT my CPU freezing or mass lagging????

And for the new comp im buying im thinking of buying a cyberpowerpc and these are its specs..

Product Features

* 2.9GHz AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor, AMD 760G Chipset Motherboard

* 4GB DDR2-800 Dual Channel Memory

* 500GB SATA II 3.0 Gb/s 7200rpm Hard Drive, 24X DVDRW Drive

* Nvidia Geforce 9500GT chipset 1GB PCI-Express Graphics

* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

* Processor: 2.9 GHz AMD Athlon

* RAM: 4 GB

* RAM Type: SDRAM

Cases and Expandability

* Size (LWH): 18.25 inches, 7.25 inches, 16.75 inches

* Weight: 35 pounds

This current setup would cost 529$ +Shipping so about 560$ total probly a lil more.

Question 2 - Is the computer worth the money?? (it also comes with mouse and keyboard and i think windows 7 64bit since it says on specs)

Question 3- What settings do you think ill be able to play SC2 on this??

Question 4- Am i a newb about computer specs?? A- Yes.. so please help XD

I would say maybe if you set everything low, but I am not aware of any specs and odds are it will set to Vista and up, but they maybe playable on the XP platform. As for your new computer, does it even matter if it can play on your laptop with specs like that.

Question 2 - Is the computer worth the money?? (it also comes with mouse and keyboard and i think windows 7 64bit since it says on specs)

I do not think it is. Here's is what i would recommend: mobo, proc, RAM, gfx card. These four, at the time of this post, come out to $245 excluding shipping. Low-budget PC that should be able to run SC 2 on high settings, if not maximum. This saves $284 (from the $529 you were willing to spend) for power supply (no more than 550 watts should be required), HDD, case (perhaps this one; feels like case should be chosen personally) and an operating system. Only downside from my recommendation is less RAM, but if you do the math, you could probably replace the RAM with 4gigs and total about the same amount as you are willing to pay for the one you listed. I would also recommend getting more fans if the case you choose allows for more fans.

Question 3- What settings do you think ill be able to play SC2 on this??

Maybe at most medium settings. I have SC 2 Beta as well (got it a few days ago), and i can run it on maximum settings without any lag on my ATI 4670 graphics card (the only lag being from the Battle.net servers themselves).