xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mranimationist

How To Create A Good Website With Html how to create a good website with html

Hi All, As i signed up today I thought that I should help people on making there websites better and more suffisticatedToday I am just going to show you how to make a very simple website.But first I shall show you what the main tags you will be using meen.You will be using:

<html></html><head></head><title></title><body></body><h1></h1><h2></h2><u></u><b></b><i></i><p1></p1><p2></p2>

Thats about all you'll need to create a dull website.Your probably thinking Is this kid nuts.Its okay but by the end of this you will know so much you wont stop making your great website.Advanced Users Please skip this bit because you should know what they are already.What do the tags mean?

<html> This shows your webbrowser (firefox, Safari and IE) That you are starting a web page.<head> This is the top of your website where you place <title> And <h1> sometimes <h2>.<title> This is the bit that shows at the top of the tab and browser very important.<body> This is the main part of your website, this is where <p1>,<p2> and <p3> go.<h1> This means Header One. This is the big bold letters at the top of a page. Usually placed in the <head> Tag.<h2> This means Header Two. This is usually a sub heading which may sometimes be placed in the <head> Tag but isnt all the time. It doesnt matter but it is coded better if it isnt.<u> One of the simplest tags. This underlines the text inbetween the <u> and the </u>.<b> Another simple tag. The same as the other one but makes the text bold.<i> The last simple tag I have for you at the moment because I forgot what the other one did and if it still works. This is the Italic tag.<p1> This stands for Paragraph one. Placed in the <body>.<p2> This stands for Paragraph two. Placed in the <body>.

Ok now you know what the tags mean lets put them into action. Ok For you to follow this tutorial from here onwards you will need to open up notepad.Once you have done that place this in.

<html><head><title>Your Website</title><h1> The Website </h1></head><body><h2> The great website </h2><p1><B>Information about the great website</b></p1><p2><u> More information about the almighty website</u></p2></body></html>

As you can see You can merge tags toghetherSave it as Learning HTML as all files and make sure its on the desktop so you actually remember to use it!So before you save it it should look like this Learning HTML.html .html is the file the browser reads and creates the file into a webpage only you can view.It should look something like this!

<title>Your Website</title><h1> The Website </h1><h2> The great website </h2><p1><b>Information about the great website</b></p1><p2><u> More information about the almighty website</u></p2>

I'm sure you think it all looks wierd aligned to the left so to make it go in the centerput <h1 align="center"> Then type your text </h1> try it outNow you've made that create a folder on your desktop called "My Websites"Open it And create another folder Called "Test Website"right click, select new and then notepad document or something like that.call it index.html saved as all files.now right click "index" and select open with notepadnow do the above again but this time we shall put a link in.so you need to type:but inbetween <u> and more information put:

<html><head><title>Your Website</title><h1> The Website </h1></head><body><h2> The great website </h2><p1><B>Information about the great website</b></p1><p2><u> <a href="https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl; Google </a>More information about the almighty website</u></p2></body></html>

<title>Your Website name</title>So yer create other pages and link them toghether maybe soon I shall make a tut on how to upload but enjoy for now any problems or somethings not working right post a comment.Good bye all

thank you mranimationist, it is very important information for the beginners. i always think that the basis are showed the quality of our work. especially in HTML, it is the basis for most of the websites now. thank you for sharing.

I didn't start creating websites by learning html tags and all that stuff though lolI'd recommend someone starting web design to go an open source software like Joomla! then learn as they go...that is when html tags come in imo.This is a very good tutorial for the newbies yall, thanks a lot to the writer!!!!

I didn't start creating websites by learning html tags and all that stuff though lol

I'd recommend someone starting web design to go an open source software like Joomla! then learn as they go...that is when html tags come in imo.

This is a very good tutorial for the newbies yall, thanks a lot to the writer!!!!

Thats what i did i started out using yola.com and started using the html tool and then wrote this and im only 13 but i am very good at building websites. Still havent cracked myspace yet so i can edit layout coz the layout is crap! :)

Thanks for taking time to read the post

Or there is always good ole original Microsoft Frontpage Posted Image That's what I use to make html sites!!

thats a good point but you have to buy it :P use notepad its free :D

its very simple to create website with HTML

see some tutorials available on internet

my research in HTML/CSS tutorials is

http://ww1.tutorials99.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

it contains higher page rank professional tutorials.its really helpful for beginners..

I had a look but its not all that

but still good and will help beginners in my next tutorial i shall be doing an advanced users using mysql and all that but i still need practise

thank you mranimationist, it is very important information for the beginners. i always think that the basis are showed the quality of our work. especially in HTML, it is the basis for most of the websites now. thank you for sharing.

thank you for commenting and reading i just use html because it is the easiest way of coding now and can make brilliant websites. and if anyone wishes to learn more press ctrl + U when your next on a website and it will show you the html coding part

:)

Hi!@mranimationistI believe you have a fairly good summary of what the different tags mean, but I believe I do have to add some clarification there.The HTML tag is not necessarily the first tag in the document, because web designers/developers generally have to include a DOCTYPE tag for the web page to be rendered correctly in most web browsers. The DOCTYPE tag indicates which standard of HTML the markup is intended for, such as the HTML 5 standard, the HTML 4 strict standard, the HTML 4 transitional standard, or the HTML 4 frameset standard.I believe the HTML 4 strict standard does not allow web designers/developers to add in bold, italics, and underline using the B, I, and the U tags, and requires the presentation formatting to be specified using cascading style sheets. The advantage of this approach is that the HTML document can be made to contain the data that the page has to display while the formatting can be easily changed by modifying the cascading style sheet attributes rather than having to modify the markup itself. It does take a bit of skill to build the markup in a manner that it can be changed at a later stage without having to re-visit the markup for modification and this can take practice, experience, and lots of reading to figure out what works and what does not.The HTML 4 transitional standard allows the use of presentation formatting within the markup and also specifies the attributes that can be used within HTML elements to specify formatting. The use of HTML 4 is for using features of the HTML 4 standard, but without moving to it entirely and while supporting features of older HTML standards by including deprecated tags and attributes.The HTML 4 frameset standard is intended for HTML documents that has an HTML root element following the DOCTYPE declaration, may include a HEAD section, and a TITLE element within the HEAD, but no BODY element. In place of using the BODY tag, you ca use the FRAMESET tag and define FRAMEs within it to point to different documents (the path of which is specified as a value to the SRC attribute of the FRAME tag).The explanation of the various tags that you have provided is a pretty good start to building a web page, and I hope I did provide some clarification on which we do not find some of those tags in 'modern' web pages which use cascading style sheet instead of HTML tags to specify the presentation formatting.