xisto Community
bigboss

Nintendo?s New Gameboy And Console

Next Generation Game Boy We don?t have any specific numbers for the next Game Boy, but we?ve got plenty of information nonetheless. Do note, this isn?t information about the DS. The next Game Boy will supposedly launch some time in 2006. * The working title is ?Game Boy Evolution". * The system will have a flip-top design, similar to the GBA SP. * Games will come on mini-discs, as opposed to cartridges. * The graphics will be slightly better than those found on the Sega Dreamcast. * Bluetooth wireless networking will be built in. * The system will feature backwards compatibility, but not in the same way the GBA plays old Game Boy games. Supposedly there will be a device that will allow you to download games from their carts into a harddrive-like element of the new Game Boy. Confusing, yes, but that?s all we?ve managed to gleam. Speculate as you like. * The system?s screen will be lit, similar to the GBA SP. GameCube Next Now, a bit of clarification is necessary here. We have two sets of specs to talk about. Supposedly Nintendo has two sets of benchmark specifications they?re working with, and one will be chosen when they are closer to actual development. We?ll talk about both in the analysis. System 1: * 2.7 Ghz PowerPC G5 Processor * 512 Megs total Ram (128 for video, 64 for sound) * 600 Mhz graphics chip System 2: * Dual 1.8 Ghz IBM G5 PowerPC processors * 256 Megs DDR Main memory (64 dedicated to sound, using a 7.1 sound system at 196 Khz) * 128 Megs GDDR3 Video memory * 500 Mhz graphics chip (ATI developed, 16 Pixel Pipe, 220 Million transistors) Shared Information: * Built in 15 Gigabyte harddrive * Blue-laser disk technology * Potential DVD playback * Case design philosophy more like the N64, less like the GameCube

wow game boy evolution, a year after the DS. DS is garbage. once again gameboy has limited their audience to children and parents are getting tired of buying a new GB every one or two years, it is ridiculous. Improvements: Games on disks and wireless networking... sounds alot like they are trying to catch up to the PSP. PSP will be a much better portable system than any current GB system. I dont the 'evolution' will be a large improvement...

once again gameboy has limited their audience to children...

50562[/snapback]

You're correct on that part. So far the only game I've been compelled to play on the DS at all is Super Mario 64 DS, only for nostalgia's sake. I owned the DS for not even a week, and I returned it. I kept Mario DS, though, because I'm rather fond of the game, but the DS is crap. It has promise, (though having a few pixels die in the top screen within days of buying wasn't very promising) but come on, Nintendo! Take a hint from Sony and cater to adults and teens for once! Sure, GameCube has Resident Evil games and Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime 1 & 2, but that still doesn't make up for the overwhelming abundance of children's games as opposed to the few games for older audiences.

How about the PSP? What do you guys think about that? Pretty nifty, huh? I would love to have one of those, especially if it came with Final Fantasy: Advent Children *drools*. Although I don't know much about the PSP, what I've heard and seen about it makes me more excited about it than the Gameboy DS or even the next Nintendo system.

well,Nintendo company is looking forward to product awesome and wonderful player in game controller field.like GBA or sp both are rather good and classical.

How about the PSP? What do you guys think about that? Pretty nifty, huh? I would love to have one of those, especially if it came with Final Fantasy: Advent Children *drools*. Although I don't know much about the PSP, what I've heard and seen about it makes me more excited about it than the Gameboy DS or even the next Nintendo system

Posted Image

refered to PSP...very nice and awesome!!

well,Nintendo company is looking forward to product awesome and wonderful player in game controller field.like GBA or sp both are rather good and classical.

Posted Image

refered to PSP...very nice and awesome!!

52092[/snapback]

Uh, what?

I had a DS for less than a week and returned it because there were two dead pixels on the top screen. I have no idea what happened, I never dropped it or anything, they just appeared there one day. I paid $200 for the stupid thing, and it had problems already! You could understand how furious I was then.

I had a DS for less than a week and returned it because there were two dead pixels on the top screen. I have no idea what happened, I never dropped it or anything, they just appeared there one day. I paid $200 for the stupid thing, and it had problems already! You could understand how furious I was then.

56097[/snapback]

Whoops, I meant $150.

Hmm...hard to take sides....I mean...PSP is.....great....but if it's like the PS2, it isn't gonna last very long...In case you're wondering why PS2 has the highest amount of sales in the console war, it's because Sony is so crappy that the PS2 breaks, and you have to buy another one....dam Nintendo for making their systems shatter proof....PSP seems promising though....but I'm a Nintendo fanboy and I'm proud of it....though I'm not really happy with the DS...I was expecting more..Once I got DS with Hunters and Super Mario DS, I said "Oh well, Animal Crossing DS and Final Fantasy is on its way, no need to worry, it'll kick *bottom*!".Animal Crossing DS has been pushed back to September....and Final Fantasy...I haven't even heard a release date for THAT.I'd say that Nintendo has big things planned for the Nintendo DS...I just hope Online Play comes out soon...I want Nintendo to say "IN YOUR FACE SONY! DS HAS ONLINE AND PSP ONLY HAS CRAPPY SINGLE!"....oh well...I'm impartial...pretty much....(cept when it comes to Gamecube vs Xbox...xbox is good, but Cube just pwns....there just aren't alot of mature games >.>)