xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

How To Make A Simple Website Header In Adobe Photoshop Cs3

1- Open adobe photoshop cs3> create a new photoshop document from file> new> and add these values

Width: 700 px

Height: 200 px

Resolution: 72 px

Color mode: RGB color 8bit

Background content: transparent

2- add a new layer from layer> new> layer>name it background> from (set foreground color) in toolbox and set the color code to (#403e3e)> from (paint bucket tool) add the color to the document, now you should have something like this:

Posted Image

3- download this brush (smoke_brush), you can download it from here and install it

https://myphotoshopbrushes.com/brushes/id/220/

add a new layer from layer> new> layer>name it smoke> pick a color (pure

cyan) from switchers using (eyedropper tool) in toolbox> use (brush tool)

from toolbox> choose smoke brush 800 and draw the shape that you want, you

can use your imagination and draw whatever you want and not do same as

mine, if you want to have the same shape I did just one click on the document

and you will get the same design, you will have something like this:

Posted Image

4- use (horizontal type tool) in toolbox to write your website header> use these values (here we don't need to add a new layer, using the horizontal type tool will create a new layer by default):

font family: ghostwriter

font size: 48 pt

font color: #ffffff

for font family you can use whatever you want, or you can download this font.

Now, let's add some shadow to our website name, layer> layer style> drop shadow> set these values

Distance 6

Spread 12

Size 6

Now you should have something like this.

Posted Image

5- download this brush (retro240) from the same site before, install it> add a new layer from layer> new> layer>name it symbol> pick a color (white) from switchers using (eyedropper tool) in toolbox> use (brush tool) from toolbox> pick retro brush 162> also use your imagination to draw a random symbol, usually I don't concentrate on the area around my website name to keep it clear and showy, this how the header suppose to look like.

Posted Image

6- add a new layer from layer> new> layer>name it marquee> use (rectangular marquee too)> draw a marquee inside the document ( like border)> right click inside the marquee and choose feather> set it to 5 px> right click again and choose stroke> set these values

width: 3px

color: #403e3e

blending mode: hue

opacity: 100%

that's it, your new website header is complete. The result will be like this:

Posted Image

to see it in full size, this is the link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Wow, that's really nice! Thanks for posting this, I was completely unaware that there were new brushes that you could download.

there are always new brushes you can download. in fact, every time, i want to make a new design i do a long and boring search to find a new brush that i could use. i do like using brushes it gives a special touch to your design. glade you like it.

Good work webdesigner , you did a good simple header.I do like the title , you choosethe good color *White* because it's the perfect color wich sweet all dark colors , and a simple free font *ghostwriter* .

Quick question, is it really that necessary to space everything like that? I mean, all I see (besides the content) is too many page breaks. ;)

Quick question, is it really that necessary to space everything like that? I mean, all I see (besides the content) is too many page breaks.

yeah, that's right sky. it looks weird with the spaces. that's because i wrote it first in word document. also, it is one of my habit, leaving wide spaces between lines either in writing or in codes so i can separate information and making them more clear.

Brushes and filters are the most needed presets to create any graphics. I never use a specific website for downloading them , i use Google to find something.Cool tutorial , and the effect of smoke brush is very cool :lol: Also you could find some good font... But i don't recommend making header image which has the logo in it. I prefer adding a background as a header and a image for logo :lol: