xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

Internet Problems... :s

I just built my own computer... It works fine, but there's a problem with the internet connection... The internet is very slow when 2 or 3 computers are connected to the internet, especially when a onlinegame is running on an other computer.But when I try to play games online on the new computer, the ping is normal, but I'm getting flood kicked. The problem doesn't appear on the other computer in the wireless network here.Can someone help me?

I know this thread is old but I thought I would reply in case someone else has this problem.One thing I know is that your connection type has to be set right in the game settings.I play CoD (Call Of Duty) and if your connection type is wrong in CoD then when you look at your ping it will good and low but for every one else on the server you will show a high ping.So make sure your connection type is set right in the game settings.

You didn't leave anything to go by...first of all, what kind of internet connection do you have (DSL, cable, wire, telephone) and are you using a router (I guess it's given but to make sure) or a hub? If it's a hub and you are serving one of the computer as a DHCP service, is the hub active (switch) or passive?Let's start from this one and we'll work on it. Sometimes you have to set your router to connect/allow direct connection to your game server, i.e. http://www.gamezone.com/ port:(****) etc. Otherwise, it will interferer with your internet surfing and vice versa.Cheers.

Hey Amezis -_-My bro uses the internet through my pc, wirelesley, his pc appers on the network, but i cant access it, or ping it,But he can ping me, but i dont show on the network for him. Windows cant cope with wireless networks!

Well, I am using cable, and yes, it's a wireless router I'm using. Before I installed my new computer, I didn't have any problems with my internet. However, I found a weird solution to it... The computer who lags have to be moved some cm and then it's working good. It happens around one time a day... -_-But, it's strange that I can fix the problem that way... I have two floors in my house, the router is on the first, the computers is on the second one. It shouldn't normally be a problem...

My bro uses the internet through my pc, wirelesley, his pc appers on the network, but i cant access it, or ping it,But he can ping me, but i dont show on the network for him. Windows cant cope with wireless networks!

If your brother is able to connect to the internet, it could mean that the PC your brother using is installed with a firewall that block access within a local network..
I had this problem too when I first installed a wireless network in my home.
I had a Norton Personal Firewall.

You will need to configure your firewall settings such that you allow access of IP ranges in the Trusted zone.
It should be the same logic for other types of firewalls.

Otherwise, it could be your wireless router / access point settings that you disallow broadcasting of presence for any local computers. That you will have to check with your vendor, or see your manual book.
I'm running with a Linksys Wireless-B broadband router and all settings are with ease.

If all your settings are properly configured, your gaming shouldn't be a big problem.
Remember to check your port configurations on your router as it can block access to internet connection within the game.
You will still be able to connect to the server and start the game.
Only if all the conputers are play at the same time on the internet (not a local LAN game), it will depend on your DSL/Cable connection speed.
Faster speed means it can handle better. Check if you are not downloading stuffs while in the game as it can cause slowdowns.
COD (Call of Duty) I've heard has alot of networking problem even playing with a local network (LAN).

Maybe you would like to benchmark your network before setting off you gaming experience..
I've found some links which you might be interested in:
http://www.passmark.com/products/pt_advnet.htm
https://www.nts.com/?tstcat=21
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_net.html

Cheers