xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

After 15 Years, My Yahoo Account Finally Got Hacked do i have an enemy? :)

at around 5pm central time, i tried to log in to my yahoo account. i couldn't. i tried over and over again and even old passwords thinking maybe there was a glitch. nothing worked. i wrote support about 3 times in 15 minutes. so then i tried to reset my password through an alternate email address. it actually worked.Even though later i found out that they tried to delete the alternate email.i get in to my yahoo account, and they deleted 3 folders which included hundreds of emails that i had saved for a reason. they were all personal to me for one reason or another. i accumulated these emails over the lifetime of my account. 15 years or so. what a devastating experience. i thought it was over, but i wanted to make sure. i checked my myspace account which was linked to my yahoo email address. guess what? DELETED. i worked pretty hard on it over the last 3 years. now it's gone. so i begin to think. is it over? NOPE i quickly realized that my alternate email address was with google. in the meantime, i had changed all my important passwords. i get a message in my main account that adwords was disabled or deleted because when you close out a google account, your services get closed too. well, crap. so i try to log in to my google account. i can't the person get in there and changed the password on that too. i thought he deleted that too like my myspace. i wrote google about 3 times in another 1/2 hour period and i finally got my password reset.this person not only hacked my accounts, but deleted everything that i worked hard for or was sentimental to. typical hackers don't go deleting personal accounts or any accounts for that matter. typical hackers hack to see if they can do it. so i do know it was someone i knew or a friend of someone i knew.one of my google accounts that didn't get deleted was "web history". guess what i found in it? "how to delete a google acount" and "how to delete a yahoo account". again, a trace of a "hacker" but a typical hacker would know certain things already and wouldn't have to search the answers. although the couldn't delete my yahoo or google account, they did manually erase information on the accounts they couldn't delete.the google accout and yahoo account had personal information changed in them as well. the person changed my info to fake info.name: bill cappsknickname: connielocation: greentree, moemail: lingogary@gmail.comobviously this is fake information so i only researched it for a whole 5 minutes to verify.now i did have a suspicion of who did this so when i went to this person's yahoo and gmail account and wrote a letter to both accounts i know were working a week earlier and have been working for some time, i get the same message that my email couldn't be delivered. very suspicious....especially when i already had a high suspicion that it wasn't a typical hacker.anyway, i now have more secure passwords. although i do have them saved on my laptop so anyone can see them if they have access to my laptop. i had just reformated my laptop about a couple weeks earlier so it's very unlikely that something was on my computer to monitor password keystrokes. i live alone and there has only been one other person who visits here. i suspect it was this person or someone this person knows. i'm almost 90% sure of this. i don't like to accuse, but when logical deductions point to it, then you can't disregard it. but this person probably guessed it. it wasn't that hard for this person to guess.so anyway, i haven't recieved 1 email from yahoo on this incident after i wrote them three times. myspace gave me the runaround and wouldn't help me gain back access to my account saying that user security is important to them....even after i offered them my original email address and my personal home phone. google responded quickly like myspace, but i'm sure they wont help me track an ip even though they have a log so i am not going to pursue it. i like google. so i am going to write a large article soon on hackers, the accounts they hack, and the companies who don't care about their individual members even when they've had an account for 15 years. it's going to be very well worded, very good keywords, and it is going to have the same uncaring taste as what i experienced with them when trying to resolve my issue. i will not give up on the seo portion of my article until it's #1 in the search engine rankings for the one or two keywords i plan out for it.i should have had stronger passwords, but people need to be aware that large companies like myspace and yahoo do NOT care about their members. you use their services at your own risk and if you ever have a problem with a hacker, it's understood that they will not help you.now i lost a lot of information. i was devestated. it really hasn't even kicked in yet fully because i have been trying to ignore it and not think about the important information i lost. when it does kick in, it's not going to be pretty ;) that's all i can say.so i wanted to tell my little story and encourage people on a few points. don't choose simple passwords and don't choose passwords other people can remember. don't save your passwords to your computer, and if you have information you can backup like emails or code, DO IT so if someone does hack your account, you will still have most of your information that was stored online. for your passwords, use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. use two email accounts. one you personally give out to your friends, and another to sign up for things like myspace or if you want to link your bank account to an email and don't EVER give out that email to anyone or link it anywhere else but the sites you sign up for like google services. that account should be seperate than your personal account and email you readily give out to your friends and family. this way, if someone hacks your personal account, it's highly unlikely they can access your other accounts. there's more on safe gaurding your accounts, but i don't really want this to be a tutorial. the basics i listed should be enough to prevent any typical hacker from doing too much damage. also, if you live with someone or you have company over, always turn your computer off when you don't have direct eye contact with your computer. someone can easily get on it and put a program in it that could be a security threat to you and your online activieties. always password protect your computer so nobody can just turn it on and have complete access.welp, that's my story which happened yesterday at 4pm. one hour before i noticed. they did their dirty deeds pretty quick so i am thinking this was planned out. they already had my passwords and tested them, and then planned out how when and how fast the attack should be. although it's still funny how my web history shows the attacker searching how to delete a yahoo and google account both. haha that's funny! i RARELY check my web history with my google account because i already know what the heck i googling online or what sites i visit.

That is a bummer man, heck my yahoo is going on 13 I believe and had change my very weak password not even two years ago. Well we both know this wasn't a typical hacker he was there to do damage and from the looks of some serious damage at that. Odd are got a hold of your email from some website you visit and began their quest to destroy it, well hopefully the password is a lot stronger and he won't come after you again.

Hey man sorry to read about your yahoo account.losing private emails, especially those collected over a long period of time, must be really tough for you. i'm really stunned that a hacker could get in and do all this stuff and the culprit was just the password. i knew that hackers had methods through which they try to get into other people's accounts especially those who use weak passwords, but i never saw anybody getting hacked like this. as im sure many of the people who read this story did, i changed my yahoo password to a much stronger one immediately. once again really sorry for your loss and i hope such a thing never happens to you again

hay anwiii, i am really feel sorry for your loose. i know how loosing important data is a big thing to deal with. it happened to me once a few years ago. i hope you can collect them again. but it's strange you are not getting a copy from them on your personal pc since these folders are really valuable. you should done that before, any way, good job that you can get back most of your accounts. but i am still wondering why is someone do this to you, it is obvious that it is not a normal hacker looking for bank credits or somethings like these. it is someone who knows you very well or at least know what you are doing on the net and he hacked you in purpose to make your job stops.

a few weeks ago i couldn't open my yahoo account either but i get it back through the alternate e mail but that hacker didn't do anything in my account because he is a normal hacker looking for a useful things to him but in your case that hacker didn't do that, he searched for things important to you not to him and deleted them. even he bothered himself and open your others accounts and stopped them.

any way, i did a quick search on the net on how to recover files in an email yahoo. some said this can be done only after 24 hours by a rollback your mailbox, check this link

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-retrieve-email-when-deleted-from-trash

this link gives a tool to recover an emails file only if you opened then in your pc, it will be recovered but as html file. this good than nothing i guess.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

this link is for a software do the same too

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

good luck, i hope i helped you a bite.

I'm sorry for your Accounts Anwiii and for your precious emails , and if you are wondering if this person is your enemy , i think yes , it's an enemy , because a real hacker like you said , will not erase your emails , he will do it for fun or for glory but never to harm.And i think taht you did a good think by posting in here , because i am sure that most of us *including me* don't have a good security for our emails and accounts , like the use of a dictionary password , or a simple answer to the security question.You must pay attention to your security answer , coz if you put in there a logical answer , hackers can guess it and hack to your account very easy, so try to put an illogical answer , and use complicated passwords.then don't store your precious informations on your hard drive , that's what anwiii did , and it was enough for the hacker !I will wait for your upcoming post anwiii , i want to know exactly what those services said to you .

thanks for the effort in your research, web_designer. i tried researching it myself too. i don't use a mail program. i only use web based sites. i think the yahoo mail recovery option is out of date because i couldn't find much information on it. myabe that used to be the case where you could recover deleted mail, but not now evidently. when you mentioned it, i almost woke up without my daily cup of coffee haha. anyway, i figure it's lost and just have to handle it the best i can. i was doing a little research on the internet and found some interesting things so i have clues to go on. i posted on my profile a while back that i have a stalker. it's true. when i did some research recently after being hacked, i did some research and verified that this person with the help of another person was trying to gather personal information.unfortuantely, if i do find out 100%, there is nothing legally i can really do. things like this aren't normally an arresstable offense and suing in civil court is hardly worth it unless the person has a lot of money. but i believe in stopping people from hurting others again. so in the meantime, i will still investigate my issue in my spare timei wrote what i did to get it off my chest and really inform people that this stuff happens. even to people who are knowledgable and informed in how NOT to get hacked like me. i was complacent after years and years of being on the internet so this situation i got myself in to taught me a good lesson which i will learn from and i hope other people reading this thread protect themselves from situations like this so they don't have to go through the heart dropping experience.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

if i was you anwiii, i will still searching till i know who is he. and if i can know him. then, i will not even talk to him or going to court. simply i will send him CHERNOBYL VIRUS ;)i am just kidding, but i think it is fair but illegal. i wonder why there is no strict rules about hacking, or better say attacking individuals by hackers, but that not the same if a hacker attack a big company.

i could probably talk to a da to press charges, but i would have to have substatial proof. and btw, don't assume it's a he. i'm almost 100% sure it was a "she" and had some help..... ;)

anyway, i have good common sense and my intuitions are usually right....and with the research i have already done on it, i pretty much know who it is....this person is almost a ghost online so i think i am going to take my research offline now....

if i was you anwiii, i will still searching till i know who is he. and if i can know him. then, i will not even talk to him or going to court. simply i will send him CHERNOBYL VIRUS :P
i am just kidding, but i think it is fair but illegal. i wonder why there is no strict rules about hacking, or better say attacking individuals by hackers, but that not the same if a hacker attack a big company.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

I am really really sorry to hear this, you got it bad! I can understand how devistated you must feel. Since the attack was so complete, I suspect you are right in assuming it was intentionally directed at you. I hope you find how who did it and can run them down and kick their *bottom*. My own hotmail account got hacked this week too, but it was not so serious as your attack, they just raided my contact list and sent everybody an advertising link to a web site where they are selling junk. It pissed me off, but no real harm was done. This is the second time this happened, the first was a little worse, as they were using my account so much i couldn't even send any emails of my own.

Yeah, my account got hacked last week...again by some Arab hackers, then sometimes on Xfire voice chat, Ash keeps trying to hack my site...it really annoys me when he tries to deface and/or ripping/copying my work that I spent along time doing. But then again, when he reads the post I said about him, he just posts after it and lies, says he did not do it..when clearly he did, and well...he's such a crap liar. :PI really get annoyed when my stuff gets defaced and I don't have a backup of it. It's an unexpected incident when you get hacked, since you don't know when it's going to happen. But the main ones I hate is people exactly like Ash who think they are elite hackers, trying to hack my GTA site.. ;)Anyways, did you get your emails and stuff back anwii, or have they gone permanently too? In my opinion email providers should use backups so they can restore lost emails etc...

WOw. Makes you question why the companies like Myspace and Google dont care yet we are the very same people who put them on the map and helped them become what they are today. So many companies forget with out you and I they would be nothing. I mean there is surely more than one way to genuinely prove to them that you indeed are the real owner of the account because you always leave a trail when when you use the internet and companies like google surely can backtrace that trail and check your IP adress if it is constant (eg your home Ip address) they can confirm using the original info you had in the current info was recently changed.I mean I had a similar issue a few months or weeks back. It wasnt with Google but a company in Poland or so the who.is info said. Well basically I had a shoutcast server account and I loaded it with ?100 I had a prepaid credit card you know the kind you buy froma shop and top up then once used they cant be re toped up so you chuck them away. Anyway I loaded 100 pounds sterling and I set up the account to renew its self over the next 12months as that was the charge I would have to pay over twelve months. So what happens when you log in is you have a pot which displays your balance remaining and the you have a SERVERS link where you can upgrade downgrade or purchase more servers. Lucky for me when I initaially signed up for the service I had major problems activating my streaming server so on multiple occasions I had contacted the support team and spoken to them about the problems I was having. I came to sort of befriend one of the Admin staff there as I was lucky enough to speak to them a few times and soon they recognised my voice and account info. Now had this not happened The outcome of the story would probabyl have been different. Anyway fast forward 3 months down the line, one day my server stops working and I can't stream to it. So I assumed I need to reset the stream server on the server account. I log in to the site and enter my password. It rejects my password syaing thats a wrong password. Again I tried thinking maybe i had misspelt it. Still wrong or invalid username /password. I thought maybe its caps tried that wrong password/username. tried again. Got blocked for minimum ten minutes because I was trying to Brute force the system. Waited half hour tried again, this time looking at my notebook which I had written the details when I registered. Still not allowed. tried a few more time still pasword/user name not recognised. and three times later got locked out for 30minutes this time for trying to brute force the system. Waited a while and then used the password recovery system. entered the username and my registered email address. Now the system doesnt tell you if the email has been sent it says it the details you enetered are valid then you will receive the password within the next 24 hours. (please give an addidtional 12 hours as sometimes the server is too busy). So 36 hours later still no password. I emailed the Customer service and wait a week and no response. So i write another letter this time more aggitated they tell me after day or two that the reason they never responded is because they only respond to the registered email address in terms of queries to account passwords. Now I had used the email I registered with and hey were saying thats not the registered email. I tried explainign but they wouldnt have anything to do with me. Then siox or seven strongly worded email later and threats to report them to ICANN (which I didnt even know would amount to anything if I reported them to ICANN but i took the risk anyway. Telling them I had been in touch with ICANN to initiate the report and they had asked me to send one more email lettign the hosting company know ICANN were involved and that if I didnt get a reasonable response then ICANN had the power to shut down the domain while they investigated and investigations can take up 6 months. Obviously this was a bluff but it paid off.) Well sort of. Because they responded saying if I really was the owner of the account then I should provide them with the credit card number I had used to puirchase the credit. As I explained before I had used a prepaid one so ofcaurse I didnt have the number. I was stuck and tried to explain this to them but got no favourable answer. I was tearing my hair out. They wouldnt budge for ages. Now what I hated was the fact that when you have a security breach it just doesnt stop there. it affects your mental health. You are stressed by the whole thing and your heart is racing much like you are scared of something. Its the worst feeling knowing that some scundrel has compromised what you thought was safe. The whole issue lasted another month emails flying back and forth until I was getting to a point where I thought. yeah Im well and trully stuck.Eventually I got a letter from a familiar name. It was the guy that I had dealt with previously and he recognised my account info in the complaint and also that it had changed well that my registered email and the Username and Surname. I guess I was saved by the fact that I had had the problems earlier on and that one of the staff had recognised my account details Had it not been for this I would have lost everything. Including my hard earned cash. He Managed to reset the password and I was given access to my account once agaain only to find the account owner name had been changed from My name to Weston Delicadello, and there was a mobile fone number registered there as well I tried ringing it but it said number is invalid /doesnt exist. The email which had been put as the registered email / password recovery email had also been changed to wdelicadello@hotmail.com and trying to email this only worked the first day. I emailed asking why they had done this and that I was looking to seek legal action if they didnt give me a good reason I got no response then when I tried the email a few days later, I got those bounce back email to say that email doesnt exist.Another thing is they had tried to transfer the money out of the account but they failed because it would only go back to the original source. I was told this by the guy who had helped me get my account back.I hate people who are so idiotic and do stuff like this for no reason. So I understand exactly how sh*t such stuff really is and I hate corporations who wont lift a finger to help the same people who put money in their pocket and food on their table - Ungratefull bas****s they are I tell you. Especiallly after you been with them 15 years.