xisto Community
mrdee

A Bug In Windows 7 Mouse seems to stop audio

I use Windows 7 Ultimate, on a Packard Bell PC with 2 Gb of RAM and an M-Audio Delta 2496 sound card.I have a funny problem when using my PS2 mouse:I first noticed that, when I was editing in Cubase and using the mixer, that, when moving a slider, the music stopped temporarily until I released the mouse button, or rather, when I say "the music stopped", it was like Cubase stopped being the main program running at that time (When Cubase is not the open program, no music plays, even if the "Play" button is activated).I initially thought it might have been a Cubase problem, and, indeed, a very annoying one, however, now I have discovered that, when I am on a page where music is playing, when I am at the bottom of the page, and I scroll to the top of the page using the mouse button or the mouse whwwl, the music stops playing too until I release the wheel or button.I also had the same problem when I used a wireless mouse.Does anyone know whether this could be a bug in Windows 7, or has anyone had a similar problem and do they know a solution for it?I don't mind it so much when it happens while scrolling up a page, but when it messes up my work in Cubase, it obviously becomes a diffwerent matter.Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to shed some light on this.

Try reinstalling audio drivers, or make sure all your drivers are windows 7 compatible, because this is not really a windows problem, more driver issue.If your computer didn't initially come with windows 7, its drivers may not be suitable for windows 7, and you may need to either add 3rd party drivers, use a different OS, or look for the most recent windows 7 drivers for your computer for audio.Try it out, let me know how it goes.

OK, Tramposch,first of all, thank you for your reply.My system is, and has always been, Windows 7 ready.I do have the latest driver for my sound card, so the only option I see is to try and remove it and then re-install it.I also get all the Windows 7 updates automatically, so my OS should be up to date too.I'll see what happens when I re-install my audio driver (don't know of any 3rd party drivers that could contribute to my M-Audio Audiophile Delta 2496).When I have done that, I'll let you know the outcome.Thanks anyway.

Like I half expectd, Tramposch,the only possible solution I saw in your post, I uninstalled and re-installed the driver for my xound card.Afraid to say it has not made any difference.Nevertheless, thank you for your input.