xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Yahoo Messenger Fussier Than Msn One recognises cam, other doesnt

Hi,I have both MSN Messenger and Yahoo Instant Messenger installed on my PC, running Windows 7.(I tend to use Yahoo Messenger more frequently than MSN, or rather, I very rarely use MSN).I have an ordinary UVC Webcam (connected via USB), and I also have a Samsung DV camcorder, which connects to the PC via Firewire..When I run Yahoo Messenger, no problem with the USB webcam, the same for MSN.However, when I try to select my camcorder as webcam in Yahoo (I use the latest version of Yahoo), it appears in the list, but when I select it, Yahoo says no cam is found on my system. when I open MSN and do the Video/Audio test, not only is my camcorder recognised, but it also captures.All other applications I use with my camcorder also work perfectly, eg. Video editing siftware (Pinnacle Studio), Videocap, everything works except Yahoo Messenger.Has anyone had any similar experiences? Is it a Yahoo fault/bug, and more importantly, can it be fixed?I can't really se any drivers are needed for a camcorder, as it is all recognised by the system and any other program except Yahoo Instant Messenger.By the way, it was exactly the same with the previous version of Yahoo Messenger too.If anyone knows more about this or knows a solution to this problem, I would be very grateful if they could share this with us all.Thank you very much in advance.