xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dooga

About Beethoven Same as astahost post

Hi! This post is made by me at Xisto, and I decided to share it with Xisto members too!

Ok, I've got some RCM music history stuff to share. It's about Beethoven.

Beethoven is a classical composer born in the year 1770. He was born in Bonn, Germany. His father anticipated him to be a child prodigy just like Mozart. However, his father is also an alcholic and "boxes" Beethoven's ears, which may have caused deafness in the later years.

At the age of 11, Beethoven has successfully composed his first composition. With his first teacher Neefe, Beethoven succeed in his musical career. Beethoven, due to his unhappy childhood, has begun to be more easiliy angered. He would be enraged for little reasons, for instance if his publisher has made an error in the publishing. Beethoven was once a pupil of Haydn, but due to Beethoven being fed up for writing "Pupil of Haydn" on every composition, and his stormy relationships with Haydn, Beethoven soon stopped learning from Haydn. Beethoven traveled to Vienna to perform, and like Mozart, he patroned for a prince. However, Beethoven demanded respect and equalness between him and his Patron, unlike the reast of the classical composers, who respected their patrons like masters. Beethoven, mozart, and Haydn formed the Viennese School together.

Beethoven's musical style was significant. Beetoven wrote one opera in his life, called the Fidelio. Unfortunately, his opera, which took 10 years to compose, was critized immediately when it premiered. Beethoven's hard work was not respected, and Beethoven got even more angry.

Beethoven's music was split into three main sections/parts. First, it's the "early" part, where some people called "imitation". Some representative works include "pathetique". The second part was called the "middle" part. The middle part started when Beethoven composed Opus 31. Some represented works include "Spring", "Emperor" and Synphony Number 5 in C- Opus 67. The last part, was what some people called it the "late" or "mature" part, was where Beethoven started to enter the Romantic period. "Symphony Number 9" was finally created. There were only 2 compositions in the last part.

Beethoven favored the popular sonata-allegro form, and his cyclial structures. In "sympony Number 5" the famous "short-short-short-long" motive arised. In the third movement of this symphony is the "scherzo and trio" form. Beetoven also had styles such as the rondo style. Also, Beethoven's music is full of Dark and somber compositions. For Syphony number 5, "Thus fate knows on the door" was the motive, hence his dark thoughts.

And the end of Beethoven's life, Beethoven's grave was visited by over 10000 people in 1827 and even Schubert visited it. Beethoven was one of a few composers who was respected by everyone, and influenced the music society greatly.

Copyright 2004 Johnny Lee. Confirmation Number 85034 (Verification of the real author of the exam is the author that wrote this.)

Thank you

~Dooga

Awesomeness. He also never got married although he'd had several love interests. Kind of makes you feel sorry for the guy :D But he produced some of his most brilliant music when he was deaf.

well, i can play many of beethoven sonata. I like most is the Appasionata, one of his sonata, but i forget the opus...yeah beethoven's live is terrible, he hate napoleon since napoleon become the caesar of france. Once day, napoleons troop came to beethoven house and ask him to play some piano pieces, but he refuses to play anything for napoleons troops, however, his one of famous symphonny is dedicated for napoleon.I also play Pathetique Sonata. It's nice to play pieces with such a full emotion like beethovens :D