xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

The Sixth Sense By Pranav Mistry SixthSense is a gestural interface that augments the physical world

SixthSense' is a wearable gestural interface that augments the physical world around us with digital information and lets us use natural hand gestures to interact with that information.

The SixthSense prototype is comprised of a pocket projector, a mirror and a camera. The hardware components are coupled in a pendant like mobile wearable device. Both the projector and the camera are connected to the mobile computing device in the users pocket. The projector projects visual information enabling surfaces, walls and physical objects around us to be used as interfaces; while the camera recognizes and tracks user's hand gestures and physical objects using computer-vision based techniques. The software program processes the video stream data captured by the camera and tracks the locations of the colored markers (visual tracking fiducials) at the tip of the users fingers using simple computer-vision techniques. The movements and arrangements of these fiducials are interpreted into gestures that act as interaction instructions for the projected application interfaces. The maximum number of tracked fingers is only constrained by the number of unique fiducials, thus SixthSense also supports multi-touch and multi-user interaction.

Read More : http://www.pranavmistry.com/projects/sixthsense/

wow! i went to the website and watched the videos of this thing. it's pretty amazing stuff. what's even more amazing is the projected cost when it's ready to hit the market. i can see the hand gestures being hard to learn at first. i mean there has to be thousands of hand gestures but from the video, it was meant to seem really easy....like drawing the watch on your hand and having the current time pop up. but this thing is going to be HUGE since it specifically encourages interaction. i don't know if i really truely love this technology or not yet. yea, it will be quite helpfull, but i see some downsides to it which i wont get in to it now because i just don't want to speak too soon where this is just a prototype. i'm also wondering if this guy is going to sell out to some big corporation. i really hope not.

i guess in another 5 years, we'll see what this thing is really about. amazing! just pure amazing! i encourage everyone to watch the videos on the website....

SixthSense' is a wearable gestural interface that augments the physical world around us with digital information and lets us use natural hand gestures to interact with that information.
Read More : http://www.pranavmistry.com/projects/sixthsense/

I read about this in the papers but never got to see it up close. Wow this surely is some exciting stuff. I only hope it doesn't have too many cons, though. If it works out for everyone then this is surely an excellent thing to watch out for in the coming days