xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Best University For Web Designer To Attend In California

any ideas, of the best universities i can attend in California. i want a collage specified in web designing or web development. i searched on the net and found many options, but i want an opinion from somebody attend on of these in California.

What do you think about State College of Minnesota in Minneapolis? How do like it? I think its more then great!

thank you for your suggestion. i searched for their website and check it out. it was great and have a lot of collages and offers many kinds and facilities.

Heyyy hiiii Web_Designer... well dis is actually out of the topic ... but i wanted to ask u dat ... How did u create this meinterest . Xisto .com > i mean what all hav u used .. well i m very much interested in Web designing but havnt got any guidance into it ..so i wanna make a start .. so will u please help me out how shud i go bout .. ? :P i know HTML CSS n Dhtml .. but dats nt enuf .. > so plzzz HELPPP :angel:

it's going to be easy to find a college that is known for webdesign in california or any other state for that matter. most every college teaches it. what i would concentrate on is not only that, but also a college that is known for business and marketing. for the most part, you may be good at designing, but if you suck at business and marketing, then you wont know how to impliment designs from a marketing perspective

you're in turkey, no? do you plan on attending a college for 4 years here in the states? do you plan on moving here?

another option is the technical colleges that will be specific to your needs. one class can take anywhere from 6-12 months. you wont have to talk any unnecessary classes, and you wont have to go to school for 4-5 years just to study web design

another option is a jr. college. the required units aren't many to graduate in 2 years and a good one can probably teach you the same as a major university.

again though, if going after a web design career, i would also focus my efforts in learning business and marketing....and the psychology and creativeness that goes in to designing something specific for someone to their specific needs and goals.

any ideas, of the best universities i can attend in California. i want a collage specified in web designing or web development. i searched on the net and found many options, but i want an opinion from somebody attend on of these in California.

it's going to be easy to find a college that is known for webdesign in california or any other state for that matter. most every college teaches it. what i would concentrate on is not only that, but also a college that is known for business and marketing. for the most part, you may be good at designing, but if you suck at business and marketing, then you wont know how to impliment designs from a marketing perspective
you're in turkey, no? do you plan on attending a college for 4 years here in the states? do you plan on moving here?

another option is the technical colleges that will be specific to your needs. one class can take anywhere from 6-12 months. you wont have to talk any unnecessary classes, and you wont have to go to school for 4-5 years just to study web design

another option is a jr. college. the required units aren't many to graduate in 2 years and a good one can probably teach you the same as a major university.

again though, if going after a web design career, i would also focus my efforts in learning business and marketing....and the psychology and creativeness that goes in to designing something specific for someone to their specific needs and goals.

well, this is very interesting point of view. now here is my question, can i join classes for web designing and business and marketing that related to the web at the same time??
i post that topic to see the options and collect information to be able to make my choice.
the problem is i do have a bachelor degree in computer science, me and my husband thinking of traveling to USA but i made some researches and get that, if i want to work in USA as a web designing or developing or anything related to the computer or the net, then first i should get an equivalent degree to the bachelor degree that i have. to do that i should either taking more classes or study from the beginning. therefor i asked for the best college there so i can check it and see what are suitable to me. thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Heyyy hiiii Web_Designer... well dis is actually out of the topic ... but i wanted to ask u dat ... How did u create this meinterest . Xisto .com >
i mean what all hav u used ..

well i m very much interested in Web designing but havnt got any guidance into it ..so i wanna make a start .. so will u please help me out how shud i go bout .. ? :P

i know HTML CSS n Dhtml .. but dats nt enuf .. > so plzzz HELPPP :angel:

hi flamex, i will be glade to show you how i did my blog. first, if you know HTML, CSS, DHTML then that is a good start, you can build a website only by choosing a good platform like wordpress, joomla, blogger..ect. with your knowledge and these platform you can customize the theme in simple way without knowing PHP AND MYSQL (the database). but it will be better if you begin reading a little about PHP so that you can customize your theme as you like.

if you want to know how i created my website, then here are the steps how i began doing that and in the same time it is the steps how you can do the same:

1- creating the design. because i already choose wordpress because it is an open source code, so i decided the make a new design to my theme. i used adobe photoshop cs3 to make the design, after that i sliced it to be able to save the whole theme as small photos, so my page load fast.

2- write my theme code. because i know PHP it took from me a few days to know that who the theme templat is written in PHP, wordpress codex was very useful.

3- now the hard part adding your design to your theme code. it can be done of course by CSS. using CSS is not hard, the hard thing is how to add your images, using CSS properties in the perfect way. that means you should study your theme and find the best way to add it. for example, if you want to add a background image how you will use it. as an entire background image, as a small image but repeated horizontally or vertically. that is differs from design to another. in this time i was testing my website in 3 browsers ( firefox, opera and internet explorer) in my local computer.

4- till now everything is done but of course with bugs in internet explorer. so, i started to fix it. and done.

that is all, i hope this will show you the way about how to begin. if you want any more questions feel free to ask me whatever you want, good luck.

well, this is very interesting point of view. now here is my question, can i join classes for web designing and business and marketing that related to the web at the same time??i post that topic to see the options and collect information to be able to make my choice.
the problem is i do have a bachelor degree in computer science, me and my husband thinking of traveling to USA but i made some researches and get that, if i want to work in USA as a web designing or developing or anything related to the computer or the net, then first i should get an equivalent degree to the bachelor degree that i have. to do that i should either taking more classes or study from the beginning. therefor i asked for the best college there so i can check it and see what are suitable to me. thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Heyyyyy thnxzzz a lot ... may i kno ur name ?? n i will surely need ur help in future .. > :angel:

i read ur previous post ..
I stay in India , n i m doing my Computer Engineering .. I ll soon get my Bachelor Degree next year n even i m going to USA for MASTER course ..
You dont need an equivalent degree to work there in USA .. u just need to be good to get the Job over there . To do further studies in US after ur bachelor studies you have to give GRE exam for that .. GRE exam is an entrance exam which everyone has to give who is not a citizen of USA. Even i hav to give GRE exam n i m preparing for it .
When you reach there n get admission there in USA you get Campus jobs over there , so u get paid there .. and once u finish your masters you can get goood job over there .. Getting into USA universities is not a cake walk dear .. :P
hey any more assistance do tell me , i m ready to help u out , i myself planning and preparing to go to USA next year .. :D

Hey there... there in California are you? The Art Institute has a GREAT program in my opinion, however it is a bit on the pricey range and the government is usually slow to help out with funding for private schools. I received my secondary degree in post production from them and they are a great school. The instructors are all very friendly and more then happy to help you out any time you need it. They are even willing to stay and work with you after class hours to help further your education. You should definitely check it out and if you have any other questions, please feel free to shoot me a message.

can i ask a question here? how much are you willing to spend to learn? because some places are better than others. there are also online schools that will be able to teach you what you need to know. is that an option? why california if you can be taught the same thing online? what's your budget? normally, we have student loans and grants to help students with their education, but i don't know any information about what can be accomplished with a foreign exchange student....expecially for someone who already holds a bachelor's degree.so what are we looking at here?are you willing to take classes online?are you limiting yourself to california?what is your budget for schooling?do you plan on staying in the united states after schooling?did you want to go to a university? a jr. college? a technical college?what do you hope to gain from a school that you can't learn online for free?there is a lot of unanswered questions here. so maybe if you can be specific to your needs(academic and personal), then maybe you can get more specific answers to those needs.

Hey there... there in California are you? The Art Institute has a GREAT program in my opinion, however it is a bit on the pricey range and the government is usually slow to help out with funding for private schools. I received my secondary degree in post production from them and they are a great school. The instructors are all very friendly and more then happy to help you out any time you need it. They are even willing to stay and work with you after class hours to help further your education. You should definitely check it out and if you have any other questions, please feel free to shoot me a message.

Heyyyyy there .... m not yet in California ... but m aiming to come there at USC (university of southern California) in 2011 .. i ll surely need ur help in future mate ... :angel:

can i ask a question here? how much are you willing to spend to learn? because some places are better than others. there are also online schools that will be able to teach you what you need to know. is that an option? why california if you can be taught the same thing online? what's your budget? normally, we have student loans and grants to help students with their education, but i don't know any information about what can be accomplished with a foreign exchange student....expecially for someone who already holds a bachelor's degree.
so what are we looking at here?

are you willing to take classes online?
are you limiting yourself to california?
what is your budget for schooling?
do you plan on staying in the united states after schooling?
did you want to go to a university? a jr. college? a technical college?
what do you hope to gain from a school that you can't learn online for free?

there is a lot of unanswered questions here. so maybe if you can be specific to your needs(academic and personal), then maybe you can get more specific answers to those needs.

thanks anwii for your reply and suggestions. i agree with you that i should me more specific, but i still in studying the available options. the first thing i did is deciding to go to USA for making a better life. to do so, we should to take classes to increase our knowledge and improving our career.
about the study online subject, i don't think it is a good option. i make a quick search and i found that studying online is much expensive than attending classes.

and what you asked why California, because we have some relatives there so we believe that it is easier to live in a state that we already know someone in that city than being completely alone. as i am not alone, but we are a family i think it is better for all of us.

about my budget i think studying or taking classes is my main specialization is convenient to my budget.
by the way, is there classes online for free. i hope you be more specific. if yes , please give me the links. but it is possible there is free classes in this world????? i hope so.
therefore i want to check all the available options and take a decision. thank you for your help.

well if money is an issue, then i think you should know that california is one of the most expensive states to live in. where if you travel about 1200 miles east, everything is 1/3 the price it is in california. even if you have a place to stay, food for two people in california for a month is going to run you around $700 a month and believe me, those wont be your only expenses. i really hope you are thinking things through before you make a big change in your life...what i meant by online is not that there are free classes, but there are some great learning resources. you wouldn't have a degree or certificate, but you would have the knowledge to do freelance or even get a good job working for someone else.yes, online classes can be quite expensive. so can universities so i am assuming both are out of the question? so it's between a jr. college or technical school. i would try to research financial aide options but i really don't know how that would work if you're not a u.s. citizen.i don't even think schooling is even half your problem. you will need to get here first. you might not even have the ability unless you come for vacation and let your visa expire, but i wouldn't suggest that. you would need to have documents to even attend a school.i think you REALLY need to talk to your relatives in california and have them make phone calls for you to see how you can get here and stay here while attending school first. this whole plan of yours would be a wasted effort to find the perfect school if you couldn't even attend it. so first thing is first and i think if you have connections in california, use them to your advantage and see if they can find out all the information they can in your situation rather than rely on trap members who don't even know your specific situation and unable to help fully....

that is right anwiii, that is already what i had done a few months ago. i asked my relatives about all the information i want to know. but unfortunately, they were moved to USA about 4 years ago, they are working there not studying so, they couldn't give me a specific information about schooling. but they helped me with the other things. from them i know that California isn't the best place for people who want to begin their life unless one of us me or my husband can get a good job. as you said before anwiii, it is so expensive. so, we decided to go and see the circumstances there. if we couldn't find a suitable job we will move to another state. but we decided to try first in California. thanks for your help all of you.