xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jsmith091009

How To Deactive My Gmail From Orkut

Hello EveryoneI have two Email Id one is yahoo id and another one is Gmail id.While surfing orkut,if my gmail account is open my orkut logged automatically with gmail Id instead of Yahoo, so in that case i cannot use the features of orkut.and my account dissabled. So How can i remove my gmail accont from orkut.

Do you want to keep the account on orkut ? If so, you can't stop simultaneous login of multiple services from orkut. So i guess you need to close orkut from google accounts> settings> delete account. After deleting account, don't login to that account for next 24 hours and if you do so then it will fail to delete your orkut account. I hope this answers your query about closing your account with orkut. Is this what you wanted or something else ?

Um I think jsmith091009 wants to remove the gmail account, and not the orkut one. This is a bit tricky, because they're stuck together, and as mahesh said, it's only possible to remove the orkut account but the gmail account would still survive and the user would lose his orkut profile. Losing the orkut profile seems inevitable if the user wants to stop using gmail. Instead, I recommend jsmith091009 not to use gmail while using orkut and vice versa. And you can set your status as "Invisible" either in gmail or orkut, so that others can't see that you're online. I think this will be a better solution than deleting it entirely