xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thejode

Computinghost Rated On Web Of Trust Youll be surprised.......

Hey everyone,

In case you didn't know, Google Chrome recently got an update that now allows you to have extensions, similar to those on Firefox. Two of my favorite extensions on Firefox are WOT(Web of Trust) and Adblock. WOT is basically a gigantic community full of people who rate websites based on their trustworthiness. There are 4 categories:

1.) Trustworthiness

2.) Vendor Reliability

3.) Privacy

4.) Child Safety

Each one has a bar of 1-100. You grab the pointer and drag it to where you feel it fits most appropriately.

Posted Image

Now, I always access my cPanel via Xisto - Web Hosting.com. But Web of Trust warned me that the site fit under the categories of Malware/Malicious content and Spyware or adware. Maybe one of the sites they host are bad? Take a look for yourself at https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.computinghost.com.

Anyone know if they did host bad websites in the past?

If you went to the website that you have linked, you can see that 9 people have shared their experiences and that 7 had good ones and the other two (if you see down) they are the users named 'hpHosts' and 'Arcade?' which i am guessing are people who want to ruin the Xisto - Web Hosting by saying stuff about the host so that people wont buy a plan from them and they can get the majority of money for themselves.

I also found out that the WOT isn't always trustworthy as the analysis on google.com says that 58 people experienced adware and spyware on it! I mean, i never got any malicious content from google, and all the products are good , well except for adSense which ripped me for $30 bucks :angel: