xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
legend112

Is Feminism A Rational Way Of Acting? What are your thoughts on Oprah Winfrey?

I just want to find out what you guys think about feminism. Do you think its a good way of acting and forming a good argument on the gender equality issue?I happened to be watching TV one day and Oprah Winfrey came on, she spoke about Chris Brown and Rihanna and i like Chris Brown yes, and realise what he did is wrong and despicable, but I thought Oprah had not right to blast him like that considering he wasn't there to give his side of the story.This made me think about how feminists, in general behave. I have watched Oprah Winfrey and feel she focuses on topics that demean men and focus on the times when women are the victims. Are we supposed to believe they are saints? I don't think they are.Feminists, in a nutshell, hate men with a passion. is this just my stupid view or do you also feel this way? I think there has to be a better way of judging character and using means that do not disadvantage others.Coming back to the Oprah issue, I think there are many other people out there who are worse off, like Amy Winehouse who behave in manner no one should copy but they don't get blasted on her show. Women are busy cheating everyday but she makes it seem like nothing of the sort is happening.Is't just me or that lady has it horribly wrong?

Depends what you mean by feminism really. If the basis of the argument is that women should have equal rights then its an absolutely sound argument to make, if on the other hand you're arguing women should have more rights then I think the argument becomes slightly flawed. Positive discrimination is still discrimination remember!

Is't just me or that lady has it horribly wrong?

Oprah is horribly wrong. I can't stand that woman. She doesn't have a clue, she completely fails when it comes to seeing the big picture. She thinks you can fix any problem if you throw enough money at it. Example, she hates farmers, but it is obvious that she certainly likes to eat. I wonder where she thinks her food is going to come from? She has made some very stupid remarks in her career about mad cow disease that are wrong, and she has earned the disrespect of farmers nation wide. The beef industry even sued her, but it didn't do any good, once a statement is made on a widely watched TV show like hers, the damage is done and it can't be taken back.

Exactly the point I was making, I feel she is someone who's popular but in her head, she really doesn't think straight.I have never heard her come up with one sound argument on her show and I think she's a disgrace to even feminism in itself.