xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Youtube Isnt it Illegal ??

You tune is one of the very famous video posting website. Now that every one will be knowing what ever video they can easily post it there , whether it is legal or illegal they go and post it over there. But let me ask some thing, Google's you tube accepts videos which are illegal too and they too get posted, and later on they find it and remove it. There not powerful content filtering is deployed to check whether it is legal or illegal and then it gets posted. On the other hand if it is illegal they just verify it and remove it. When you try to access that video you get a reply which says that The content has been removed.Just check this out carefully. Does this mean that you can have a Illegal video posted and available over the internet till it is verified and removed ? What if in that gap if some one takes that video and exploits it . Just imagine a video which is highly sensitive is posted in Youtube and google finds it and removes it. On the other hand meanwhile before removing it some one else has got that video and he can publicize it. So here does this means that Google is promoting the spreading of illegal videos through its service You Tube.Now that let me raise something. I will host a website, say http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and i will make options available for people to upload all videos in that. And i will say in my Policy that if it is illegal video i will remove it and i will do so. Now will the Telecom Authority or the Internet Authority spare me ?? or will it sue me because i have made people post and spread Illegal videos ?? Or will it spare me because i am removing those ( it takes time ofcourse )Is it that Google alone is spared because it is a Giant ?? Can i go try hosing such a video posting site ? Am i safe then ? or Am i sueable under law ?? If i do the same thing which Google does through Your Tube ?