xisto Community
Jonnyabc

Welcome To Wal-mart! The first post in shopping?

I find Xisto funny that it has been around for a long time, but sometimes a forum never gets used (maybe there's a good reason for that). Anyways...wanted to initiate this one.

Below I ask some questions for you to answer (remember, no spam ads). Although you may decline to answer, give them as truthfully as possible:

What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "shopping"?

What is your favorite shopping store and/or website?

What merchandise do you buy most frequently (excluding groceries and other absolute necessities)?

How often do you make a purchase on a SINGLE item that costs $100 (USD) or more?

How do you like to shop (store, online, email/phone)?

When was the last time you seriously shopped for a loved one (if ever), such as for a Christmas gift?

Do you browse, even if you don't have money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?

Do you buy, even if you don't have the money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?

Idiot's Guide for Dummies..$10

How I Earn Money When People Buy My Book...$15

Life takes Visa...and for everything else there's Mastercard.

Money.

Amazon and Ebay.

What merchandise do you buy most frequently (excluding groceries and other absolute necessities)?

:-/ Games and Audio/Computer Hardware.

How often do you make a purchase on a SINGLE item that costs $100 (USD) or more?

Never, I'm poor.

Online.

When was the last time you seriously shopped for a loved one (if ever), such as for a Christmas gift?

Never, I'm poor!

Do you browse, even if you don't have money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?

Yes.

Do you buy, even if you don't have the money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?

No, because I usually don't have money.

Survey completed. where's my money? :)

* What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "shopping"?

I think of, well I think of clothes, and I guess the mall, lol.

* What is your favorite shopping store and/or website?

I like hot topic, because in Canada we don't have one, and it's the latest fashion if you're as old as me.

* What merchandise do you buy most frequently (excluding groceries and other absolute necessities)?

Hm, I buy not really much I guess I buy hats the most.

* How often do you make a purchase on a SINGLE item that costs $100 (USD) or more?

Hats, to be honest, hats and shoes.

* How do you like to shop (store, online, email/phone)?

online if it's a hat, and American clothing, in real life if it's shoes.. or anything that I can get in real life

* When was the last time you seriously shopped for a loved one (if ever), such as for a Christmas gift?

God, like.. december actually. lol.

* Do you browse, even if you don't have money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?

No, I don't go out if I have no money.. browsing isn't fun. But I will browse online with money or not.

* Do you buy, even if you don't have the money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?

No, I ALWAYS have money, just if I don't have it to spend.. then I will not buy lol.

I think of a bus. :o (local shopping city is around 25 mins away)

I love Gamestop and Amazon.

Mostly electronics and clothing

4-5 times a year.

In Store is the best, and then online, I never shop via email/phone.

Last Christmas, I guess? (Around the 8th December)

Yeah, always, good to know what's on offer.

i don't know how i missed this thread, it is the right thread for me :D

cloths and bags.

well, i don't have a specific store, i usually make a long tour on all my favorite stores till i pick what i want :P.

hmmm,tops i guess like tee-shirts.

only when i have a special occasion :).

store mostly, it is more fun i guess especially with close people.

in april, in a birthday occassion,and in august for my family if those considered as beloved ones.

yeah and always, even sometimes i feel sorry and get disappointed ;) .

yeah but only if i need that thing so much and saw a good deal. like offering it in a very good price that can't be found in another place. Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "shopping"?It's kind of ridiculous and weird you might think. The first thing I think about when I hear the word "shopping" are the subliminal messages that are found in elevators at the mall. When I was in high school, my teacher had lectured about subliminal messages in the elevators saying (buy, buy, buy, buy). I thought that this was extremely neat so I remembered it. This is what goes through my mind when I hear the word shopping.What is your favorite shopping store and/or website?May favorite store/website is Amazon. I swear that it has everything on there. There are some items that I couldn't find there so I go to other websites but I find most of my items on Amazon. I usually spend lots of time window shopping on Amazon and decide to purchase something for myself here and there. This site is #3 on my speed dial so I go on this site pretty frequently.What merchandise do you buy most frequently (excluding groceries and other absolute necessities)?I usually tend to buy lots of merchandise related to music. For example, I recently bought a Rode K2 condenser microphone and a Universal Audio 610 Solo Preamp about 2 months ago. Other than musical things, I tend to buy a lot of technology. I bought a DSLR camera last year as well as an Asus Netbook. I also spent money on a home server (it didn't work too well).How often do you make a purchase on a SINGLE item that costs $100 (USD) or more?Quite frequently. Everything that I ever want is above $100. I like to thing "big". The only things that I really buy that is under $100 are accessories for my high-priced item (rosin for the violin, a strap for my guitar, etc.).How do you like to shop (store, online, email/phone)?I love to shop online. I don't really see how it is possible to shop via email/phone but I know that I hate taking the time to head over to a local store to go shopping. Also, when you are shopping online, you are likely to find what you are looking for. There is something that you can find online easily that you can't find in stores and those are ratings. Ratings help decide whether I should purchase something or not. I tend to look for items that have 4.5 stars are higher.When was the last time you seriously shopped for a loved one (if ever), such as for a Christmas gift?I don't remember the last time I seriously shopped for a loved one. I don't really hand out gifts because I don't participate in holidays like Christmas, Birthdays, etc. I usually get my girlfriend boxes of chocolate for Valentine's Day but nothing too serious.Do you browse, even if you don't have money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?Yes! I do. This helps me plan what I want next. I am currently saving up for a new guitar because my old one is pretty dull-sounding.Do you buy, even if you don't have the money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?It depends if the item is really worth it. Most of the time, I don't waste my money on things I don't really need. I really wanted the Kindle but after pondering about it, I realized that I really didn't have much use for it.

I find Xisto funny that it has been around for a long time, but sometimes a forum never gets used (maybe there's a good reason for that). Anyways...wanted to initiate this one.

Below I ask some questions for you to answer (remember, no spam ads). Although you may decline to answer, give them as truthfully as possible:

Idiot's Guide for Dummies..$10

How I Earn Money When People Buy My Book...$15

Life takes Visa...and for everything else there's Mastercard.

1.Clothes

2. Probably ZARA their clothes and shoes and accessories are soo cool.

3.Clothes shoes and technology items.

4. Probably twice a year.

5. Off course in the stores is so much fun :D

6. Birthdays, Christmas, theres always a good reason to buy gifts and give gifts, because there are so many things you can give that are not necessarily from a store. hahaha :)

7. I'm always looking for things to buy, there are many things on my want list :P

8. It happens sometimes that I just can't resist myself from buying something :S. Credit Card to the rescue haha.

What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word "shopping"?hmm many things i first think of those girls who really like shopping and if you tell them come to go shopping, they will be ready in 1 minute but if you call them for any other reason they need a whole hour to be ready :D. another thing that came in my mind in the same time is the script i'm writing for an online shop.What is your favorite shopping store and/or website?favorite store of mine is ebay, you can get very cheap prices in there but lots of scam is in it too, like recently i bought a external h.d.d for around 15$ under its real price but when i get it i found that its case is broken but it is working anyway and you can not tell if this is happened during shipment or it was broken from first. by the way eaby is my favorite one because of price and many things you can find in it but do not get food product which are cheap because they may harm your health.What merchandise do you buy most frequently (excluding groceries and other absolute necessities)?Computer related hardwares and electronic related modules and kits.How often do you make a purchase on a SINGLE item that costs $100 (USD) or more?this really depends, i'm getting two type of items one group is those that i get for myself and for using in my home and second is the thing i get for customers, i get 6 or 7 items per year for myself usage but for customers it depends to the time near christmas i can tell i get around 40 items in a week which all were above 200$ but five months before it i only get 2 - 3 items above 100$ for my customers.How do you like to shop (store, online, email/phone)?Most of the time i first see the price and details of seller on the website then i call him to get more information and then i buy it trough the website so it is a mixture of phone and online, but going out for shopping is something else if you have time.When was the last time you seriously shopped for a loved one (if ever), such as for a Christmas gift?Last time is 2 days ago i bought a gift (for not any special event) but not from ebay because i didn't find in it with good price, i get my gift which was a G700 logitech mouse from a local store around my house. i find that my local store was selling it a way cheaper than ebay or any hardware related website and i really amazed by that.Do you browse, even if you don't have money to spend, or plain didn't plan to spend it?yes, this is what i'm doing most of the times, if you know ebay then probably you know that you should always search in it for finding interesting items with really cheap prices, so i'm nearly browsing ebay for 2 hour every day. if i plan for buying something it doesn't take more than 10 minutes to find and buy my interested item.

Ah, this could be fun! And I think my answers are going to be a lot different than everybody elses.

Well, usually, it's do I have any money so I could actually buy something if I saw something I wanted or needed. Or, if it's about shopping locally for something we need, the first thing I think of is I wonder if the old man needs something from town so I can get him to pick it up so I don't have to go shopping.

I rarely ever buy online. I do like browsing threw Ebay though, love to type in dog and something to see what I can find. For example, dog jewlery, or dog grooming tools, I'd love to find a used Mars Coat King for grooming, they are way to expensive to buy new. And it is hard to find anything like pins or earrings with dogs on them so Ebay is a good source for finding unique items you wouldn't see otherwise.

I suppose I can't count dog food, on this one can I, since that could be considered groceries for the dogs anyway. So next off would have to be vaccine and other medicines for the dogs, wormers, antibiotics, that sort of thing. Though those and cleaning supplys could probably be considered necessities too. I am not really much of a consumer. Possibly this time of year I may splurge on things like plants, trees, vegtable and flower seeds that sort of thing.

Oh, all the time. A load of dog food is way more than that, and we do that every week. Picked up vaccine this weekend, another $300, renewed my domain name, for 3 years that was over $100. So there's 3 things in just 2 days.

Definatly in store. I like to see exactly what I am getting. And I spend way too much time on the computer just answering emails and working on placing ads and maintaining my web site to want to actually spend time shopping online.

Christmas would be about it. Especially since my poor loved one's birthday happens to be on Christmas, so it's 2 holidays on the same day.

Do you browse, even if you don't have money to spend, or plain di...

Oh yes, I definatly like to window shop as they call it. Partially because I seldom have any money to blow. Also, sometimes if I don't have the money, getting out and going shopping can be theraputic, it might inspire me to work a little harder and try to make a little more money if I find something I'd really like to have.