xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

Installng Drupal Loads of errors

Yea I set all the permissions and did what it suggested for me to do. But for whatever reason its not installing. I get suck on the second page of installing drupal. Now I cannot even get back to that page but when I try it just brings me to a blank page with this on it.

Warning: include_once(./sites/default/settings.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 322

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './sites/default/settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/includes/bootstrap.inc on line 322

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/includes/bootstrap.inc:322) in /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/includes/install.inc on line 618

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/includes/bootstrap.inc:322) in /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/includes/install.inc on line 619

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did something and now only two remain.

Warning: require_once(./includes/bootstrap.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/index.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './includes/bootstrap.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/techmot/public_html/drupal-6.15/index.php on line 15

Did something else I don't even know what I'm doing but now I'm back to the Drupal install page and it says.

The Drupal installer requires that you create a settings file as part of the installation process.
1. Copy the ./sites/default/default.settings.php file to ./sites/default/settings.php.
2. Change file permissions so that it is writable by the web server. If you are unsure how to grant file permissions, please consult the on-line handbook.

More details about installing Drupal are available in INSTALL.txt.

I don't know what his stupid thing wants me to do I've done what it says and the message still remains. :) Really need some help.

what's the permission of your index.php file? its not accessible because you make it so private I think that was the problem maybe 755 or 666 permission into that file just a maybe ? and that blank screen is called the white screen of death aha yeah I always experience that also when I got something wrong in my files more likely in my index.php file if its not the problem maybe there are some files that you need to chmod

I've tried both 0755, and 0666 and nothing. I'm about to just install Joomla as I didn't run into any of these problems at all. I was practically a one click install. But Drupal is just seriously not wanting to cooperate with me. :)I've also heard of that CHMON thing or whatever it is. I don't know what the hell that is. There's a reason why I'm trying to get a CMS up and running its because I don't know anything about all this stuff. I also don't plan on it. When someone I trust comes up to explain all this stuff to me I'll just let them do it if they are willing to.

Edited by Zagubadu? (see edit history)

joomla is a good thing too, well I suggest you retry installing the drupal, learn from mistakes and try but this time don't install it yet to your host instead get a xampp or whatever and run it and configure it first into your local server.
Then when you are finish get a database back up of that and go back to your localhost drupal setting and change the web address and put your domain name there instead of LOCALHOST/drupal change it to your domain name.
then get an another backup so its now the second backup, the first backup you will need that if something goes wrong.
now upload all your files into your server or host. then get your second sql database and import it to your phpmyadmin, and hey don't forget to change the config.php or whatever of the joomla and edit it to your new database name and password that you create into your host.. maybe it will work, because that's what I did in my vbulletin at first it always says some errors and the white page of death aha, but when I ran it and start it through my local server it works and when I uploaded it, it also works

All that just went straight over my head. I have absolutely no idea what your talking about. :) I'm really uneducated in all of this stuff. That's why I'm starting to get a CMS started up. Seriously just about every word you just said was like gibberish to me. I don't say latin because I can read latin. :D

So I got a few options here it says for linux or windows etc. I don't know if its referring to the OS I'm running or my hosting. I remember when I ordered it said something about Linux. I'm so confused.I just downloaded the Windows one as I'm pretty sure it means what Operating system.

Edited by Zagubadu? (see edit history)

I've tried both 0755, and 0666 and nothing. I'm about to just install Joomla as I didn't run into any of these problems at all. I was practically a one click install. But Drupal is just seriously not wanting to cooperate with me. :)
I've also heard of that CHMON thing or whatever it is. I don't know what the hell that is. There's a reason why I'm trying to get a CMS up and running its because I don't know anything about all this stuff. I also don't plan on it. When someone I trust comes up to explain all this stuff to me I'll just let them do it if they are willing to.

First of all it's called CHMOD, when you CHMOD a file or directory your changing the file permissions, if you are using Xisto hosting, change it to 0777, not 0755. if you haven't already messed up the other files it should work after you change it to 777, if nothing works, try to CHMOD all of your folders and files temporarily to 777 until the installation is finished, then it's safe to change them back to 755 (Filezilla is easiest at this.)
Also, why is your directory "drupal-6.15"? why not name is drupal? that just might be why it's not working lol
One more thing, make sure the drupal-6.15 directory itself is set at 777

All 007 and still nothing. I'm going through all now changing to 007 but some it doesn't let me. The error message still stays.

The Drupal installer requires that you create a settings file as part of the installation process.
1. Copy the ./sites/default/default.settings.php file to ./sites/default/settings.php.
2. Change file permissions so that it is writable by the web server. If you are unsure how to grant file permissions, please consult the on-line handbook.

More details about installing Drupal are available in INSTALL.txt.

This is really annoying. Soviet would you be willing to do it? I trust you. :)

Finally figured it out. See where it said those directions up there I thought it meant create a settings folder so it would be Default/setting/settings file. I was wrong and I changed it and it works now. Thanks Soviet because I also had the wrong permissions. Thanks a lot. Happy now :)

One last ( Well probably not ) question. Why is my home page not on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Right now when I go there I have to click Drupal then it goes here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Which isn't what I want.

first you make a folder drupal on your public_html files.. you must go upload all the files into the root directory but it will cause some problems, you can use a 301 redirect so that when you type the techmo.trap17.net will be redirected to techmo.trap17.net/drupal.but if you want to move your folders then you are going to start again or change the settings of it.

Yea so I thought I'd just be able to grab all the files and just put them in public html. A bunch of stuff messed up and I just decided to start over so I started to delete everything. Now all that remains is a drupel folder with a sites folder and a bunch of other stuff having to do with the theme I think. So when I try to delete this it just keeps reappearing.