xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rejected

My Site Was Hacked.. :(

I'm wondering what I did to make them hack me, oh and I'm sorry UnheroicHero for going to Omage Gateway and accusing them of hacking, which is totally wrong, I'm sorry about that. How do I password protect the directories?

In your cPanel ther should be an icon that says "Password Protect Directories".As for why you were hacked, unless you have enemies...it's because you exist. Some people need no more reason than that.

I'm sincerely sorry for going and blaming your site like that, I was kind of angry and ready to blame anyone who talked to me, and I checked all the referers and none of them came from you, I'm suspecting it was through the ftp. I'm sorry about that man, I really am.

Get laws on them? Do you mean like sue them or fine them or something? What proof would I have of them hacking my site though?

49736[/snapback]

You can take legal action by "intrusion of personal/private information" as well as "hacking" IF, your data logs in cpanel were able to record any sentisve information that might reveal which ip messed around with your site. ideally, if the logs prove useful, and prove enough data, that "dingbat" can get sued for "loss of information" as well as "damaging of digital information". These are all possible leagal actions that you can take. Further more, you can request thier ISP to relase info about them. (Sorry, but some of my er, "law" information maybe wrong, i only know so much :D , but they can more or less be charged like that, just scroll through all your logs and stuff, and een better if you have some sort of remotely hosted statisctic tracker, go see those logs as well, like statcounter.com or the traker that rap17 is using)

No need to apologize at all man, no need at all. It was perfectly natural seeing as how some *bottom* put my site's link on your site :D. God help me if I find who did that. I think you know where to contact me if you find out...Also, logs probably won't do any good; if the hacker is smart enough to hack, he's smart enough to use a proxy.~joeynova

Also, logs probably won't do any good; if the hacker is smart enough to hack, he's smart enough to use a proxy.

~joeynova

49789[/snapback]

hmm..i guess so, but, its always worth a try.

What was your site?

And... the laws I have no idea, but I'm sure if you do some research :D:D on a search engine and really are desperate to make sure they don't rehack:

1. Change your server

2. Change the passwords

How did they know who your server was?

Unless it was a subdomain...

What was your site?

And... the laws I have no idea, but I'm sure if you do some research Posted ImagePosted Image on a search engine and really are desperate to make sure they don't rehack:

1. Change your server

2. Change the passwords

How did they know who your server was?

Unless it was a subdomain...

how can i prevent my site http://babu.madpage.com/ from getting hacked

also check the security of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/