xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
H.O.D

Is The Hp Mini 311 A Good Choice?

I've been wanting to replace my 8-year old PC with a brand new Desktop computer which is future proof. But in the time that I need to get my config ready, I decided to try using a netbook, just for fun. So I started researching into the netbook market and found that the users are spoilt for choice - there are a lot of models available and a lot of them have similar configs, sizes and everything else. So I simply went to CNET, and looked at the top 5 list of netbooks, and after Apple Macbook and one other expensive one, I finally laid eyes upon the HP Mini 311, which was sitting at number 3 on the list. The best thing I liked about this netbook in print was that it has NVidia ION graphics instead of integrated graphics, and it also has an in-built HDMI port for connecting to the TV. Since I like watching movies a lot I think this one suits me very much. But then I moved onto the cons list and there were some reviews saying that the boot time was slow and that the fan made too much noise. While I don't have any problems with boot time, I certainly don't want a noisy netbook, especially after living with a noisy PC for 8 years! I tried looking at some other netbooks but they lacked the graphics and HDMI support (they had either one but not both) and also they were a notch too expensive. So I'm in a dielema on whether or not to go for this netbook. Can someone experienced help me out in this matter please? This is the first computer (desktop/notebook) that I'm buying in 8 years so I don't want anything to go wrong!!!

Yea theres no such thing as a future proof computer. They are going to continue getting better every year. Kind of sad really you spend 300 dollars on a computer then next years models come out and with that 300 you could of got something two times better then what you have now. The fact that you had a computer for 8 years tells me you don't game at all or do anything high on processes. In order for me to further help you I need some more information on what exactly you do on your computer. Gaming, just browsing the internet, also what programs you run normally. Or also what programs you hope to run that your ancient computer couldn't. Also could I get your computers current specs? Ram, CPU, etc.?