xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Kitchen Safety A must

So in today's world every one gets to the kitchen and cook atleast once in a full moon day. If not a regular routine everyone must have given a try for the same. So is there any safety or security threats in the kitchen, yeah when this question is asked every one will say "The LPG" the gas used in the kitchen is a threat because if it is not handled properly it might ignite and when the gas ignites the result is going to be disasters. So for the gas safety there are many precautions available today. Now i got to know some other security threat in the kitchen which we often ignore and i want to bring it to light so that none gets caught in the same.So to introduce that security threat which we face in kitchen, i want every one to think do i use oil in cooking. If you say no, Yeah you are safe and you can just read the remaining things inorder to alert your friends who use oil for cooking. One fine day when i was in the Kitchen my Mom alerted me Oil is inflammable and it may get ignited. Then only it stroke me that yeah oil, yes, oil can catch fire. Then the next question which came to my mind is that will the cooking oil catch fire ? Then i thought about it and came to a conclusion, Yeah the cooking oil if it reaches its flammable temparature it is going to catch fire. Certainly this puzzled me . We ( i am not sure about every one ) use a pan and we pour oil in that and use. We heat up the required amount of oil in the pan and we cook vegetables, and everything. At this point i remembered for frying anything we heat up the oil like anything and we keep on frying. So now just think, what if that oil in that pan reaches its flammable temparature. Then i thought it is not possible. But again i pondered over it when my Mom told me it can happen yeah, if we heat the pan too much so that the oil gets heated extremly and catches fire. Then i was asking about this and came to know that in real life also this has already happened.So now that we have figured out a clear cut problem where in the kitchen when we use oil and cook in a pan there is a possiblity that the oil can catch fire and burn. So in this case just imagine one is in the kitchen and there is fire in the pan. oh my God i will get puzzled !! . Gas is already a highly inflammable thing and it is available right there near the stove and there is fire on the pan which is kept in the stove. So if some one gets himself to be panic and tries to take the pan and pour it away then there is certainly some calamity there because he or she is not pouring oil, but he or she burns up burning oil. So what happens ? it may pour on the body and can get burns, worse than this if this burning oil is poured on the tube which connects the gas and the stove ( please note that in western countries this tube is not made of rubber i guess where as in some countries a rubber tube is used ) and if that tube is ignited then the gas may burst. In short if one carries the burning pan and tries to dispose it off then there is calamity.Now what is the solution for the same, some one is cooking in the kitchen which involves a pan and oil in the pan. Now that the oil is ignited and it is burning, if it is gonna be removed from that place then too there is a chance of some calamity to take place. So a simple solution for all this is if you find the oil in the pan burning, just put off the gas. By this i mean close the regulater and stop the gas connection to the stove. Still the oil in the pan will be burning but, nothing is going to happen it will burn, yeah it will burn till when ?? till the oil in the pan gets over and it will be put off by itself. No need to Panic. Dont try to lift the pan. Dont try to pour the oil. Dont add water to the oil, as every one knows that the burning oil cannot be put off by water . So the simple solution is let it burn, close the gas connection, the fire will be there in the pan till the oil last. So be safe !! Be warned !! Know this and pass this message to all whom you know. Follow all other safety precautions in the kitchen while you cook, like please open some ventilation, do not keep the kitchen closed etc. and i hope other simple precautionary measures are well known.Be safe !! Happy Cooking :)

Always good to remind us all of safty tips in the kitchen. Cooking oil can catch fire, and even on an electric cooking range, gas flames are not the only danger. I use my deep fryer a lot and it seems especially when there is really fresh oil in it, when you ad the uncooked (usually frozen food) it really bubbles up drasticly and can spill over the sides and ignite into flames. Remembering to never use water to put out a grease fire is a very important thing to remember. Always use a rag or towel to suffocate the flames. (actually the towel can be damp, just not sloppy wet) I always have a hand towel somewhere handy in the kitchen that can be grabbed in an emergency like this.