xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadow skazi

Photoshop Ipod Silhouette

1) Grab an image from http://www.istockphoto.com/ca/landing/unsupported and open it in photoshop2) Go Image> Image Size menu. Click on Resample Image and choose Bicubic Sharper from the drop-down menu. This is to make sure the image doesn't blur.3) Use your magic wand tool to select the background and invert the selection. Alternately, you could use the magnetic pen tool to select the entire body of your subject.4) Copy+paste this selection to a new canvas with a light-dark purple [#9369BF] background. (Or any other light color should do)Layer 3 will be the silhouette cutout. (Image)Layer 2 will be the colored silhouette cutout.Layer 1 will be the background color [#9369BF]5) Control+click your silhouette cutout, go to layer 2 and Go to Edit>Fill>BlackAnd now you're done! Don't forget to merge down your layers.Tips: If your image edges are a bit grainy/jagged/pixelated, you might want a gaussian blur on it with setting 0.2 pixels.Actual iPod ad colors: Blue #1379F9, Purple #9369BF, Orange #F59110, Green #9FCC39, Pink #EB5297

dont forget to... add some lighting things to it... like how the light hits and reflects differently from each angle on the ipod... soooo keep that in mind also

I guess that's pretty sweet, i didnt have time to actually do it but you should try putting pics and i final copy of what it looks like so that people can see what it will look like if they do it. It's a good tutorial tho. Good job ;)