xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rabidrabbit

Advice Needed On Wieght Loss

Hi I was wondering if any one could advice me on weight loss.

Am now 38 and been told that I really could do with shedding some body fat.

So after some research its seems that I need to lose about 3 stones.

I am a large person, but the fat seems to be gathered mainly along the midriff, I do walk a lot, but I do tend to spend hours in front of a computer screen.

Trouble is that I have had no experience in weight loss what so ever, to the point I don't even know how to diet so any advice given with be gladly received.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I recently began losing weight about two months or so ago. It was actually really easy, and I have already lost about 30 pounds. How I did it, was, I cut out all foods that are bad for you. I started eating more fruits and vegetables a day, because your body needs them. I began walking A LOT more a day, about 3-5 miles on average. A brisk walk for at least an hour a day, coupled with eating healthier, and less portions, will help you lose weight fast. Drink more water too, your body needs it! If you smoke or drink, try to stop those, or try to limit it to one drink a week. If you eat out at fast food restaurants, cut it out completely, but if you can't, try to only have it once every 1-2 weeks. Even doing small things like that, or not eating 2 hours before you go to bed, will show you some results. Eating a healthy breakfast in the morning is another good way. Your body needs food to lose weight, so eat a nice healthy proportional breakfast every morning to give your body the energy it needs to burn the fat. If you can't walk, try to do some exercises inside your house, like jogging in place, or maybe some crunches or jumping jacks, or walking up and down your staircase. Anything that gets your heart pumping will help. Maybe go for a mile jog/walk in the morning before work, and also stop drinking coffee and all forms of drinks that contain caffeine, it will not help you. No more soda or donuts either, they are loaded with sugars that will slow you down and make you feel gross, you don't need it. I hope my post with tips has helped you in any way, or inspired you. If you have any questions about weight loss, feel free to ask me, I will always be there to help. If you want to check out my youtube channel, click here. I post videos about my weight loss progress, and it helps when you are doing this with other people, even online. I joined ShayCarls' weight loss contest, so it helps to motivate me also.

its great that you're walking whenever you can. make sure you really give ample time on brisk walking in a day. just keep being active. do something you like. any active sport. make sure to consult your doctor first though.