xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
social-butterfly

Animals Are Special The Eyes of Animal that just wants be Loved

When I was lonely and sad ,feeling sorry and selfish for my self . :) I came face to face with the eyes of this dog that ,was filled with sadness ,that only wanted to be loved by someone .I came across a Dog that ,this person had for a long time ,that some how in their Life ,they could not have it as shared part of that family again .I was visiting one of the Local Animal Shelters during that day .This person paid the Shelter to take his Dog off his hands .The shelter charged him a small fee .The next time I visited this Shelter they was placing this same animal with a code on his tiny cage ,he now called a home ,that stated ,he was being placed to sleep in not those Words that code commented ,although that was what was taking place ,as no home ,wanted that dog ,as added member to their family and adoption fee was $100.00.As remembering back ,they charged original owner a fee of $25.00 to take this same dog in their shelter .as going back home and could not get those sad eyes ,out my thoughts .I went back to the Local shelter.Stood outside as the shelter was closed for lunch so waited .This car drove up with a family and as they sat in the car with their family pet ,they could no longer have ,waiting to pay the shelter to take that burden off their hands .Right there I knew in my own selfishness ,What I had to do and wanted so much to offer ,of my self to this dog and many more in my life .I took this dog home ,to my own small apartment and gave it a bath and made arrangements to get updated veterinarian check up's for the dog .it was black and white border collie that was so well behaved and trained ,he even brought me the newspaper ,I guess he was trained to bring newspaper ,when you sat down .smiling I then placed a dedication in Loving this Dog every day and placing a search out to find ,him a magical secured Home that he could open his heart up to the whole family and feel the love he so highly deserved ,being a part of a family .In my dedicated search ,came across many and set my mind upon this one family .When they came for this Dog .A young boy stepped out the blazer and when this boys eyes met the dogs eyes ,it was such precious moment that seemed they both have been searching for each other ,all their lives and finial found each other .it was breath taking to see in this life time .I started placing myself out there ,taking many animals home in finding them that special deserved home in past few months .I could not afford all the veterinarian attention some needed although found ,did not have search to far for warm big hearts that donated their wonderful amazing time for these special animals .so many veterinary offices and yes Walmarts seemed have warmest Hearts .over past few months I've re-homed close to thirty different animals ,from adult cats ,kitten ,dogs all sizes and shapes and Iguanas and even large Frog that seemed to make this special little girl face light up with smiles ,and make her dreams coming true to add as companion to the existing frog she already cherished in her life .I have received so many emails back with pictures and letting me know ,just how love and special these animals have brought to these families ,lives and how rich they are now .inside me I hold something shining and filled with so much Peace to know ,those eyes of those animals now sparkle with Magical Love ,they now feel Love .Something I learned about myself ,life is so selfish ,I fell into that depression and becoming each day so selfish in my own worries and hurts that I failed to actually remember what Life was about and who I really was ,and stood for in this World .was never being selfish and giving up ,just because life is a struggle sometimes .I could say the words I have pride in what I did although once again it sound selfish as I know ,pride has nothing do with it it's the love in me that I know will speak louder than anyone's selfish thoughts of me and all those mistakes I've done in this one life time I know who I am inside me and i am filled with lovenot selfishly taking life for me and me alone for my space or anything I may selfish think I need for ME When so much is out there that needs just be love to feel someone cares .I know what that is just to be loved !!!!!!!!not to be noticed Sometimes I hear those famous Words spoken to me ,words that tell me I am selfish and only want more YES I WANT MORE .I want more in Life that ,allows this world to see ,you take on a pet as young person or old ,know that pet ,comes with life time responsibility that ,never changes unless ,it changes within sharing your life together .it becomes a part of your life ,your family not for a few years or wait till it becomes 8 years old then want removed of that burden to get something different .it becomes for rest of their life shared with you .a gift of love that becomes part of you .so if that is selfish and me wanting more .I have to say yes I want more in this World .some how my small intentions in hopes I can bring some awareness in realizations that animals are Gift of Love that last a life Time ,as part your Family .Never give up believing . :D

your post are kinda long and I love your stories :D thank you for sharing this to us it will surely help others thatthey must really care for their animals since animals are have their own life's too like us human being and I agree with you that animals are a gift of love.Ive got a Dog and that dog was in my age now yes because when I am a baby that Dog is also a baby we grownup together and I really love to hug that Dog of mine when someone is trying to get her I don't give it xD simply because I just want that Dog to be mine and theres nothing wrong with being selfish right? That Dog became one of my family I love when she lick my face.When she runs over me and bring the frisbee to play fetching xD so childish right?But sadly last year that Dog of mine died in a sickness :) maybe its because of me not taking care of her too much, because sometimes I am busy at school but my mom said that it wasn't my fault and Dogs growsup faster than a human what I mean is the age because I am thinking of me and my dog had the same age as mine but my mom said that if I am 17 that dog maybe in 34 or something like that because they don't last longer like a human.We are so blessed that our life is more than an animal I hope those who maltreated the animals have the conscience and hope they will do stop eating Dogs xD.

That's really nice that you looked after these animals. That was completely unselfish. I Wish everyone were like that. Last year I found a tiny baby sparrow. It was cold and early in the evening. Itdefinitly appeared to have been abandoned. I don't think it would of lasted the night.I took it home and fed it, and looked after it for a week. These birds need to be fed every fifteen minutes. It turns out it's illegal to'harbour' a wild animal in Canada though,so I couldn't take this bird with me in a smallcage me when I went out . You can't just leave it at home unfed though. I took it to the Toronto humane society. Just after, there was publicity and arrests at the humane society pertaining to animal cruelty.I would of rather hung on to the bird until it could fly and feed itself, but what could I do?I called it "Rex". It reminded me of a little Tyrannosaurus rex when it was gaping for food. I hope it's allright.