xisto Community
wonderfullygifted

Any Novel Books That Could Expand Your Mind?

Like, any story book?Sci-fi books?I really want to get into reading, and find some really great books that I'm interested in.Maybe some books that might make me change my perspective on life, or change me into a better person, and expand my mind and thinking skills.I'm not talking about how-to books, I'm talking about novels.

I like to read up on the works of early church fathers, like St. Augustine, Justin Martyr, et al. They were good thinkers, great even, and would often quote Biblical passages concerning morality and other things. While a lot of times they were normally addressing certain issues during their time, whether proposed by others or caused by an event, they also have written down random thoughts as well. Practically any writing of theirs will do for what you are looking for.

mystic warrior :) ,to me is one my best books I've read and some how it gives me chills when actually get absorbed inside the book .although some can say it is consider how to book it is actually not ,it sets itself out all by its self.one that you can read over and over ,always getting something new out of reading the book ,to add to your own self .another novel would be ,that i loved was called :( i know why the caged bird sings ,it was written so beautifully and inspirational ,very extremely.sometimes it kept you on the edge of your chair and then edge on bursting out in tears . :D okay i get absorbed in my books i choose to read and maybe look like a idiot ,as i open my self up in the books i read and it touches my heart and creates excitement in the adventures.so really think i just love curling up during lazy day and placing my nose in a book and allow myself travel just about any where ,the book takes you . :)

If you have the time to salvage and dedication to read non-stop, then I can recommend the title "The Monk who sold his Ferrari" by Robin Sharma.I have gone through the book three times already and am equally thrilled and happy just like the first time. The stories of Savana are something that I can never forget and are the ones that make me feel better at whatever I think and do.Always find this book as soul lifting.

Yea I know this may not be big thinkers but Stephen King's books were always some of my favorites. They all seemed to have a message that you only got at the end of the book. Some of those messages I apply to every day life now. :) Maybe to expand your mind you should pick up one of the classics, The Dictionary. :D Nah just try a book that you like that also is a bit challenging for you to read. That way it teaches you stuff as you stay interested.

Please please don't read ebooks. you better kill yourself than read an ebook. I know that you will not be able to grasp the cream out of the words that are there in the book if you read from the computer screen. it is alwasy better to have it read from a paper book form than an e book. you are not using google to search words or situation in a story you experience it by reading it with ease in a cozy sofa or in bed not in the chair sitting stiff upright.

"1984" by George Orwell is a great book! I assure you that it will change the way you think about human ignorance. The book was published 1949 so it is somewhat old. Most people can't stand reading this book because it is so boring but you seem like the kind of person who is eager to read this.I started reading this book for a school assignment. It is true that I was dying when I first started reading it. After a few chapters, I actually enjoyed the book. All types of questions popped up in my mind. I wondered what would happen next. George Orwell skillfully placed dramatic irony all over the book. After reading this book, you might question how many, if any, conspiracies may be lying under your nose.I highly recommend this book to you. Be careful before purchasing it though. It is kind of a tough read for people who aren't fluent in English and is based on history (might be boring to some people).

Thought I could add a few books I recently re-read :-

Anton Chekhov :- Fascinating author, most of his stories are really morbid but not really morbid (hopefully someone gets what I am saying :P)

Animal Farm - Since someone mentioned George Orwell, I thought I would mention his other successful book

James Herriot series :- A very beautiful set of books based on the life of a veterinary surgeon, it has all the comedy, romance and love one could ever want :)

Fyodor Dostoyevsky:- Some find him boring but he gives a really good

Robin Cook is another author you can try out

Maybe you could come back and tell us what kind of reading you like, If you like religion.. then you could tell us the part of religion that attracts you the most :)