xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thejode

Help With Google Adsense Tracker

Hey everyone,So I opened up a forum with a domain I got for free via Xisto. Yay! Now, I like to keep track of how many hits my website receives. So I signed up for google analytics. Now, my forum is running phpbb3. Now, I need help with inserting the code. I have utterly no clue how to track on PHP. Can someone please explain to me how to install this code?Thanks,Thejode

Google Analytics presumably provides you with a short piece of JavaScript/HTML to insert into your page if I recall correctly? If so, just open up either the header or footer template file in phpBB and paste the code in somewhere. As it doesn't display anything I'm guessing you could probably put it anywhere on the page, but somewhere clear and obvious in the header/footer is best.Log in to your forum and go to the administration panel. Click the "Styles" tab. On the left hand side click "Templates". Next to your current theme (repeat for all themes on your site) click the word "Edit". Scroll down and edit either overall_header.html or overall_footer.html. Paste the code in and save the file.