xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kshan

Java Applications - Roller, Hupa

There are many ready to install applications in the php. There are only few java applications are out there to install directly.

Started this forum to share such applications.

Adding one that I am aware of;

Apache Roller - Apache Roller enables you to build a fully-featured, multi-user blog server apt for all kinds of blogging sites. It is an ideal tool to create your own blogging network with unlimited users and blogs, forums, photo galleries, and more! While it is exciting to have a list of interesting features it can offer you, it might be a little difficult to get started with it by your self.

Now it's your turn...

Hi!

There is actually a lot of software created in Java. Since you mention PHP, I'm assuming you are a PHP developer. The Eclipse PHP Development IDE is a Java application. The Blue Light CMS system was built with Java too. The Vignette document management and collaboration suite is yet another Java-based application.

You might be able to find a large list of software at: http://www.java-opensource.com/

PS: A lot of software development frameworks such as Log4J and Spring have been ported to the .NET platform too.

I think you misunderstood. What I am looking for is, some web applications I can directly deploy on webserver and with admin panel. The software framework you mentioned, i.e. Log4J and Spring are for developing a software, so as the eclipse and it's also a standalone application. Can you please share some of the webapplication ready to deploy, can be a spring application.

Hi!@support.kshanThe other software that I've mentioned about, Blue Light CMS and Vignette, are completely built web applications that you can deploy. Other popular Java applications are:* Daffodil CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system* InfoGlue CMS (Content Management System)* jEdit Java source code editor* RSSOwl news feed reader* VeryQuickWiki* Pebble blog engineYou can also find compilers that can compile source code for other languages to the Java platform. For example, Jython is a Python implementation over the Java platform. PHP code too can be compiled for the Java platform, using a compiler such as Quercus.

Nitin,Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I was looking for. I personally feel that there is a hough java talent base these days and they develop lot's of new application daily. I keep surfing java related websites, i.e javaworld, theserverside to get to know different new technologies but no sites aggregate the ready-made opensource applications available to deploy on the server. I even find it difficult to get free java web hosting. If you are aware of any particular provide other than the Xisto, please let me know.Post very well appreciated.