xisto Community
Misanthrope

New Year Resolutions: Make Yours Here Share personal aspirations/goals for the New Year and decade ahead

I feel that my metabolism is not what it used to be. I feel growing each time I eat. My belly gets bigger, bigger, bigger and it won't go down. Let this year be better than years before.

I think that's called professional disease. Maybe you should reconsider doing some physical activities, that you enjoy like going to a pool, or running. I think you're at an age(maybe 26). It's the proper age to get a belly.

As for me I aim to get more growth professionally. That's what needed.
Edited by webishqiptar (see edit history)

But why add the preasure of forcing yourself to improve? There is enough day to day problems to suffer threw without making things worse by making promices you can't keep.

And I thought I saw life through a jaundiced eye. :) But poster has inadvertently outlined a very good reason for goal setting, as doing so can greatly diminish the mundane, day-to-day problems she speaks of. Really, I don't see much point in being here if we're not working on improving ourselves one way the other other. I'm certainly not going to feel any worse the ware for trying and failing. At least I'll know I tried, which in the end does account for something. Folks who never attempt to better themselves, who "go with the flow," or go along to get along, as it were - are taking up good airspace and are a thorn in my misanthropic side. Some would argue they are one step away from devolving back into the animal kingdom.

The thing is, life is always in a state of flux whether we like it or not, and if we do nothing to guide our own way then something else, often referred to as "fate," will step in and do it for us. So, instead of letting yourself get flushed downstream with the mass of morons who don't bother to question such things, why not take life by the reigns and exercise a little more autonomy and control over your own destiny? Utilize your divine birthright. Some call it positive affirmation, some call it New Year Resolutions, some even call it magick. For myself, the term self-mastery seems most fitting of all.