xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Politically Incorrect Post If you are a whinny liberal, dont read, you will be offended

What I hate most about being politically correct
In the movement to political correctness we have lost one of the most important aspects of our lives, our very beings, our sense of humor. No longer can we tell jokes that used to give us those good healthy belly laughs, for fear of damaging someone’s delicate ego. No ethnic jokes of any kind, you can’t even get away with blonde jokes, or fat people jokes. It’s a sad state of affairs if you ask me. Instead of laughing and taking life in stride, people cringe and live in fear of being marked as a racist, or other such unsavory character. We seem to have forgotten that laughter is the best medicine. This political correctness is a plague upon the earth just as surely as the high rate of obesity has become. Undermining our very health with bad feelings instead of the laughter we would otherwise enjoy.

About the only “group” left that is fair game for the jokesters in the world are Rednecks. My hat is off to all you Rednecks out there that have a back bone, and can take having a little fun poked at you without being reduced to a blubbering pile of goo on the ground.

It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up, not the bleeding heart wimpy liberals who are too frightened to even tell a joke. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. Let’s give those folks the recognition they deserve, here’s the newest, (and best)
“You might be a Redneck if……”

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be
offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'
You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing
the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
You might be a redneck if: You still say ' Christmas' instead
of 'Winter Festival.'
You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone
prays.
You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over
your heart when they play the National Anthem..
You might be a redneck if: You treat our armed forces veterans
with great respect, and always have.
You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American
flag, nor intend to.
You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you
aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and raised
your kids to do the same..
You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a
friend.

And if Ya’ll want to tell old fat lady jokes, or blonde jokes, or hey, even hillbilly jokes ya know what? I’ll laugh.

Notice from BuffaloHelp:
Quotes in quote tags.

You know, I hate politics. I think that we should be free to be able to make fun of one another without fear of repercussion... and if someone gets hurt, boo-hoo! You have the freedom of ignorance, so use it! I'm a generally courteous kind of guy so if I know you don't like something, I won't push the issue, but it's all about poking fun and living a little! If you frowned upon every little thing that COULD bother someone, what kind of a life do you really live?

I can honestly say that if someone observed my daily humor or saw how I could appreciate humor in the darkest or most twisted way you could take it, they would call me out as a racist, a sexist... generally, an abomination to political correctness. But I don't live for you, or for that guy who's hurt and offended by the things I find funny or poke fun at. I live for myself. And if you don't like it, you can tell me and out of the kindness of my heart, I will keep it to a low roar when you're around. But don't expect me to change on your behalf.

Posted Image

Now isn't that funny? The irony? Let's find some humor in this instead of going off and saying, "That's offensive to black people." I could go off on a tangent there and say that "black" people might be the wrong thing to say, because although we call Caucasians "white," we don't call Asians "yellow" or Indians "red" people, do we? I'm sure that the PC person would now aim for "African-American," but who's to say that the person with dark skin is of African descent, or even American? Did you just assume that all black people are from Africa? Isn't that a bit of a harsh, brash judgment? Hrm... we could go on all day with this and no one will be happy, or we can point, laugh, and move on.

This is just the icing on the cake of things that we can find humor in. Deep down, in the layers of the Internet, you can find even more offensive, dark, and just-plain-wrong humor... all of which I, for the most part, can find and appreciate the humor in, even though the subject matter in which the humor is placed is wrong and unethical. No, I don't find dead baby jokes very funny, but I'm sure someone thrives on that crap. And I'm sure that there are some things I find pretty funny that other people will find in distaste.

At home, I call my wife "woman" all the time and joke with her about "staying in the kitchen" and "make me a sammich." I also joke about myself, calling myself a man, doing manly things, and that I'm not weak, but in a light and humorous manner. She says I'm such a guy; I say that she should know her place. We thrive on that, and I'm sure that it's one of the factors that keeps us happy and smiling with each other.

I call myself a chink and make fun of my own culture and race all the time, like how I see life in widescreen (slanted, Asian eyes), mispronouncing things on purpose by speaking "Engrish," saying that my distant cousin made everything you own, etc. I find that stuff funny and I like being able to make others laugh and break the ice with my company. I don't want anyone to be around me and be afraid of what to say. The same goes and comes around too... I don't want to have to feel like I can't say certain things, like I'm censored because Joe Blow or Jane over here will be butthurt by the things that I might say. If you'll be offended, I'll respect you enough not to make fun of you, but if I want to tell a joke that will make everyone else in the room laugh but you, I'm telling it.

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

i pretty much agree with rayzor but i also believe their should be limits or ceratin times and places for things. and then flag burning? those are fighting actions in my eyes. i believe in freedoms...but burning a flag when it means more than just injustices? so if they have freedom to burn one, i should have the freedom to stop the flag from burning. i don't believe in the political correctness crap, but i also don't believe in being disrespectfull...especially if it's intentional or trying to prove a point where one goes to extremes just because they can.so sorry....it ain't the holidays to me. it's christmas and new years. when we take god out of the pledge, we are literally taking away our nations traditions and values which is even stamped on our currency. one doesn't have to believe in god. just what god stands for.....and it's nothing evil!but i will slap someone in the back of the neck just to tell them they are a redneck! haha and as much as i like the jokes....white, black, or anything inbetween, sometimes it's just not appropriate. and i do really hate those people that can't laugh at themselves at the same timeone thing i get a kick out of though and the picture above in razors post reminded me.....it's funny that it's still called "BLACK" historyour own u.s. constitution even suuports politically incorrect statements when in fact they include citizens of the "United States" and citizens of the "united states". our constitution at it's finest. now what will it take to get our own constituation to become politically correct? nothing. it ain't gonna happen. so all you second class citizens of the "United States" can choke on it.