xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
room2593

Of All The Indignity

So, as I am sure that all of you have heard, the Spike Video Game Awards have occurred and transpired and all that jazz. At these prestigious awards, they give out an award for the game of the year, based on impact and immersion and replayability and quality and visual pizazz and all that jazz.

Now, I usually don't give a rabbit's fart about these kinds of things, but I just have to speak out against their choice.

They gave Game of the Year to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? This is the game that won? Obviously the video isn't gameplay, I'm just making a point.

Back me up, internet masses! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2! Where are the accolades? Where are the pomp and processionals?

I quote from The Daily News:

First-day sales of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 demolished entertainment industry records, selling 4.7 million copies and raking in an estimated $310 million in North America and United Kingdom alone.

The release overran the former champion Grand Theft Auto 4, which sold 3.6 million copies in April 2008.

Call of Duty even left Hollywood shell-shocked - the largest opening in movie history was Warner Brothers' "The Dark Knight," which grossed a measly $158.3million over its first three days.

Can we all just say HOLY CRAP? How are they going to give the Game of the Year to Uncharted 2 - a game that has made little to no impact, and that people are soon to stop playing - instead of to MW2? Seriously? Does anybody understand the reason behind the madness? I propose that we yell (seemingly) uselessly into the internet void in order to release our discontent. I'll go first. "GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHY DID AMONG THIEVES WIN THIS INANE CONTEST?"