xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkHacker

Casual Techie 1.0 Stable

Rate CasualTechie.com?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We released Casual Techie 1.0 stable version.Not beta now :P As i said earlier we will have changes with website...If you visit our website now,you can see all the images,videos with black border,commenting option with black style.We released forum,as you can see.Now we have some earnings because today we released a small Adsense ad.Actually,with clicking any link on the top of website,you donate without giving us real money.Hope you don't think ad is very big.Specially for you,members,we made a very small ad,so you will not get bored from links.Polls now are more updated,contents are copyrighted.We got few members and our Adsense stats shows that 90 times somebody clicked on our ads.Normally,we are honest that we informed/pleased our members to click on ads for help.We wanted to implement homepage's login with forum's login,but we didn't have success.90 clicks is big earning for us,and we are proud that there are people who think about our page.I added many options,so you can vote very precisely.

Here's some technical information that should help you out in improving site traffic once you start to have about 10,000 visitors on at a time:

Total HTTP Requests:65Total Size:303563 bytes

TOTAL_OBJECTS - Warning!

The total number of objects on this page is 65 which by their number will dominate web page delay. Consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Above 20 objects per page the overhead from dealing with the actual objects (description time and wait time) accounts for more than 80% of whole page latency. See Figure II-3: Relative distribution of latency components showing that object overhead dominates web page latency in Website Optimization Secrets for more details on how object overhead dominates web page latency. Combine, refine, and optimize your external objects. Replace graphic rollovers with CSS rollovers to speed display and minimize HTTP requests. Consider using CSS sprites to help consolidate decorative images. Using CSS techniques such as colored backgrounds, borders, or spacing instead of graphic techniques can reduce HTTP requests. Replace graphic text headers with CSS text headers to further reduce HTTP requests. Finally, consider optimizing parallel downloads by using different hostnames or a CDN to reduce object overhead.

<LI>TOTAL_IMAGES - Warning!

The total number of images on this page is 53 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Recommend combining, replacing, and optimizing your graphics. Replace graphic rollover menus with CSS rollover menus to speed display and minimize HTTP requests. Consider using CSS sprites to help consolidate decorative images. Use CSS techniques such as colored backgrounds, borders, or spacing instead of graphic techniques to reduce HTTP requests. Replace graphic text headers with CSS text headers to further reduce HTTP requests. Finally, consider optimizing parallel downloads by using different hostnames to reduce object overhead.

<LI>TOTAL_CSS - Caution.

The total number of external CSS files on this page is 5 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Because external CSS files must be in the HEAD of your HTML document, they must load first before any BODY content displays. Although they are cached upon subsequent requests, CSS files slow down the initial display of your page. Combine, refine, and optimize your external CSS files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed CSS for high-traffic pages) on your pages. You can optimize CSS files using shorthand properties, grouping, and then minify and GZIP compress them to reduce their footprint. Remember to place CSS files in the HEAD and JavaScript files at the end of the BODY to enable progressive display.

<LI>TOTAL_SIZE-Warning!

The total size of this page is 303563 bytes, which will load in 73.50 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Consider reducing total page size to less than 100K to achieve sub 20 second response times on 56K connections. Pages over 100K exceed most attention thresholds at 56Kbps, even with feedback. Consider optimizing your site with Website Optimization Secrets, Speed Up Your Site or contacting us about our optimization services.

<LI>TOTAL_SCRIPT - Warning! The total number of external script files on this page is 6 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Combine, refactor, and minify to optimize your JavaScript files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed scripts for high-traffic pages) on your pages. Consider suturing JavaScript files together at the server to minimize HTTP requests. Placing external JavaScript files at the bottom of your BODY, and CSS files in the HEAD enables progressive display in XHTML web pages.

<LI>IMAGES_SIZE - Caution.

The total size of all your images is 61833 bytes, which exceeds 50K. Consider optimizing and creatively cropping your images, and combining them where appropriate. Even better, replace graphic text and form controls with styled text to eliminate unnecessary HTTP requests. Ideally each image should be less than 1160 bytes, to easily fit into one TCP-IP packet.

<LI>SCRIPT_SIZE - Warning!

The total size of external your scripts is 153332 bytes, which is over 20K. Consider optimizing your JavaScript for size, combining them, and using HTTP compression where appropriate for any scripts placed in the HEAD of your documents. You can substitute CSS menus for JavaScript-based menus to minimize or even eliminate the use of JavaScript.

<LI>CSS_SIZE - Warning!

The total size of your external CSS is 60607 bytes, which is over 20K. Consider optimizing your CSS for size by eliminating whitespace, using shorthand notation, and combining multiple CSS files where appropriate. By using labeled container cells and descendant selectors you can target chunks of HTML content efficiently without the need to embed extra claases and styles.

Your website is a small HTML file. Make sure to keep your page under 50 kilobytes, or it may delay your website once you begin to get more visitors.

Okay, now from a layout perspective:

At a first glance, I do like your website design. It looks sleek and shiny, just like it should. As mentioned above, your homepage load is delayed by about 3 or 4 seconds. This is with only, as I glance, 125 people online. In the long run, this delay could pile up to 6, 7, 9, or even 12 seconds. I've seen sites that go this slow because of a large spew of traffic. Your rating box for articles is OK. It could be better. I don't like how it's scale is from "poor" to "best". This should be adjusted to 1 to 5. Your logo is ok. It could be a little more fancy, maybe later, intregating flash into it. Your slogan doesn't really make much sense. "Always for you!" sounds like a poorly translated Asian fast-food slogan. Change it to something that has more of a ring to it. If you can't think of anything at all, just leave it as Casual Techie. I don't think you should code your own polls. They don't look professional at ALL. Example:

Poll 1: Will internet explorer beat firefox?

A1.)Yes

A2.)I am sure,never(no space between sure and never)

A3.)Maybe

A4.)Possibly

A3 and A4 are basically the same thing. Change that.

Moving on to the quality of your articles. They are pretty good. I enjoy to read them. Your comment box is good, too. Nice little rich text editor you have going on there. I applaud you for that. Your tips and tricks section is informative, but usually isn't relevant to anything that I need. Try posting something there that everyone is going to be wow'ed about. So far, the tips and tricks section is basically a computer repair manual.

Overall, pretty decent job. There are some cons, not much with the programming of the site, simply the layout and accesability.

Keep up the good work!

Thejode(8/10)

Notice from rvalkass:

Quote tags added.

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

Thanks...I enjoy in writing articles without copying but i do not have some time to do that.Anyway i will try to compress images and remove comments and things i don't need in CSS.I do not have some popularity in the forum and that is one of my problems.I am not a real writer so sometimes i forget to write something or i have some typo.