xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whyme

What Do You Use The Interent For? I know it sounds likea retarded question

I use the internet for research and communication the most, but I also use it to play games, and downloading software (especially freely distributable open source software, so I can learn programming)

I use the internet for 3 reasons. One is for my My Webpage. Another one of the reasons I use the internet is for forum posting. I visit about three founsa nd post their like this for example. And my last reason That I use the internet is for research. I do not doresearch that often. That is becasue I hate doing that on the internet unless it is necesarry. And most of the time it is not so I do not.

Usually.. a lot of stuff.

web browsing(of course)

FTP and direct connect, for the same purpose as....

Filesharing, including limewire/gnutella and most of the major netoworks besides kazaa. including bittorrent

Gaming, including a few MMORPG's

Streaming music/video. kinda of a new thing to me, but im enjoying internet radio a lot

instant messaging, everyone i know likes to message me at weird hours and then whine that im not there.. and sign off before i get back(happens once a week per person on average)

IRC, because its still simply awesome.

Random software updates and folding@home units, self explanitory.

That about covers it i think ;)

for browsing the internet i use mozilla firefox.for searching teh internet i either use ask jeeves or google.ftp client i use GlobalSCAPE CuteFTP Home.downloading albums i use azureus on bit torrent.downloading games or like 1 song from an album i use either limewire or bearshare.gaming i use steam.instant messengers i use msn aim yahoo icq. ;):P

Either for free torrents or for looking up games or homework. Basically that's all I do on the internet, other than web design. :D

I mainly use the internet for web designing. I also use it for chatting on instant messengers, forums, and other things. I don't really use the internet much anymore, but I still do. I occasionly use it for homework. Sometimes, I may use it for other things, but that's mainly it.

I use my internet for Homework, games, forum posting, Msn yahoo and aim talking to friends, watching some shows online, and some more that i cant think of now. But i wouldn't be able to live without the internet its something that i'll never give up.

I design websites... research for some informations for my projects, but i don't do it too often. i still prefer reading books at the library.It is expensive to print the Google search results and too tiring to read them at my monitor... I look for my long lost friends using friendster, and chat with them using Yahoo Messenger... post messages at Fora like Trap 17 and some adult fora... Research for latest gadgets and gizmos... Download Adobe Photoshp tutorials... Read online journals of other people.. Read the latest news from abroad... visit some weird, entertaining and funny website. and a lot more!

I use the internet for:

Checking other people's site's coding, and stealing lil' pieces of code wherever I deem necessary.

Seeing how much nicer other people's sites are than mine.

Learning how to code other languages, and trying to visually remember everything at w3schools.com.

Checkin music lyrics, like when I hear a song on 106th and Park, and I wanna know If I want the cd or not, I'll check the lyrics, and find the rest of the songs on the CD, and then decide if I like it or not.. (Holla if you're checking on that 50 Cent 'The Massacre')

Talking to friends to lazy to call me on my cell, that insist upon using the internet as their SOLE form of communication, these kind of people will e-mail 911@emergency.com before they'd call 911 in an emergency (yeah they have it real bad)

Doing work and stuff, Like work for school, this should really be reason number two, but who cares really?

Newayz, that's me, and the internet... Peace up, ATL in tha house

Panda

lets see there's a bunch of stuff I use the internet for.... Mostly for reading emails. Well that's like a big portion of what i do on the internet. Because there's nothing else really to do. And it only takes a few minutues. Well responding to emails would take longer. Ok I also fix and edit my website, get images and turn them into layouts or whatever image related, my homework (very important that's whay internet is so helpful), school homework like electronic homework where i have to take lessons and test, i blog, install programs, and get things I need like programs etc.... and i listen to music. I don't download them. I find free ones to listen to when its possible.