xisto Community
Taz

Have You Ever Built A Forum Software

Id help if I wasnt just about to develop my first facebook app :P Its a game.Actually your idea isnt bad, and if you do not give up it may possibly be released soon enough.wish you guys luck!(actually you guys have given my an idea)

haha, well, I'm still here if the guy that started this still needs some help, but I haven't heard from them in a while, so I guess the projects off then. I would like to make some flash applications and some games though. It'd be cool. All philosophical, of course. I'll try and put them up on my site. :P But anyway, we're still here if you need the support and help!!!I'd like to take part in it, because it'd be a great way to hone my programming skills. Just waiting for instructions though. :P

I was building forum and i had a serious problem.I didn't know how much fields i will need for my SQL database.I started with few ones,but i found out that i need ones for posts number,for privilegies...Another problem were templates.I didn't have time to create templates which will be included in the forum,and creating a syntax for templates is needed.Every creator will need to know where he should put some code,so all the logins,forums etc. will be displayed.So i finished only Login system with cookies and board display.Now i had lots of work,and i deleted the forum script/database :P For a month or two i can create a forum,because i am not a PHP beginer.If i create a file where all functions for showing board,login etc.,and a administration panel (the hardest thing) then the system would work.If i get create some options for displaying post and WYSIWYG editor my forum will work fine.But i think i can't do that for a day and i need others to help me.First we will have a plan how much fields and tables we need,then everyone will work his work.Now i am not working on it.Creating a forum software isn't simple and it is complicate because current popular forums have milions of options.The administration panel would have plugins,and again,i will need plugin system,and programmers which will create plugins.So you see how much work you need to create a forum.Not just knowledge.