xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Is This A Good Laptop For College?

For my birthday my parents bought me a new laptop (around $800) to be used in college (I plan on going to graphic design colleges)Specs: TOSHIBA A505-S6980Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitIntel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHZ T660016'' HD TruBrite Widescreen Display4GB RAM with 500GB HDD128 integrated video memory (will be upgrading, if possible)So far its a very good laptop, no lag in almost any 3D application, including Dreamweaver and 3DS Max. I will be graduating in about 2 years, so unless there is some technological revolution will this be fine (keep in mind that yes, I did install Mac OS X Retail version on this)?

Hmm.. it sounds very good... but then, why are you asking us? If your parents have already bought the laptop already... then wouldn't you won't be able to choose anyway? But anyway... yeah, I agree with you. A laptop is incredibly useful to use for educational purposes... and I don't know if you have read my other thread where the Auastralian Government is funding for every student in NSW to have a laptop, but it is also on Windows 7 and it is actually a really good system and a platform too, though I also like Mac OS X as I use it on my home computer... :)And if the screen is big, then it is good, because it is better for your eyes. Unfortunately though, if that is the case, then your computer will be rather heavy to carry to school to, so it depends on how you view it... But overall, I suppose it is a good laptop to use... :(