xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
retry56

Google Onebox (check It Out)

Now Google has create a new feature called Music OneBox. Google made an alliance with lala.com and MySpace to support this Music Search Engine.

Marissa Mayer, Vice President of Search at Google said the search results allow you to directly play the whole song to verify whether it was the song you're looking for. Typically, service providers other music played only briefly, for example for 30 seconds.

The reason why Google create this Music OneBox because since 2004, many people searching on the Internet is to find some Music to download or to buy. But this feature is only available in the United States.

Posted Image

https://www.google.com/enterprise/search/products/gsa.html

This is a really nice addition to all of the tools Google has to offer. You pretty much will not ever really have to download music again as long as you are listening from your computer. You can just search for the song you want to listen to and it loads pretty much instantly. Google is good also to find songs. Normally if you do not remember or know the name of the song you can just type the lyrics into the regular search and it will help you find names which you can then just punch into the song search and listen to it and find whether that was the correct song or not. That also saves you a dollar for the song download. I am sure some people will take advantage of this and just record the songs they want to add to a CD or mp3 player but, that is unavoidable.

Is this released or not? I can't find nothing on the page you specified.I think Google should stop from creating all that tools,and eleminate stupid ones,because for few years they will not have enaugh space because internet will be bigger and bigger,their database data will be bigger and bigger.But i am sure some group or company will donate for this very good service.Started from 2 persons,now to hundred people.......They are perfect but they should make useful tools instead of some boring ones,like their browser Chrome.

The tool was released yesterday. You can find it at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

They do not tend to put updates of new software on their web page so I guess people are supposed to just spread the word. I do not really use a lot of their tools but, I do think a lot of them can be useful like Google Earth.

There is really infinite space for the internet as it just depends on the number of servers which Google I imagine have their own so worthless or not they are not really taking up anyone else's space.

I think that is just demo,because it doesn't search for music - you can search and for other things .I tried to search for wikipedia on onebox and on normal google search.The difference is on music there is textbox for wikipedia and other results,on normal search there are very different results,but anyway it shows examples which have no trough with music.I know that Google uses it own servers,but what when they will store that much data and their servers will be full.I think Google Earth is project which needs very much budget and very much people,with the feature Street.So you can see everything in 3D and you can see real images of every street you will found.Lets hope they will start recording in europe,and in my country so i will see some streets in Macedonia :) My country is not that much in 3D because it is not big and it is not popular so only object which is in 3D on google earth in macedonia are our mountains.