xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ssp108

Windows Xp Power Managerment Usb USB interface on Windows XP

We have users using Speechmikes on Windows XP pro sp2. The speechmike seems to work when it is unplugged from the laptop and replugged into the same or different USB port. It continues to work, until the user reboots. It doesn’t make a difference about the length of time of reboot. We already tried deactivating the power saver on the usb port option, but it didn’t seem to help. Please get back to me with a solution ASAP. Thank You.

Hi!I haven't used SpeechMike but I'm assuming it is a standard USB microphone to capture audio. When I first read your post, I found it confusing when you mentioned "The speechmike seems to work when it is unplugged from the laptop" :-P That's analogous to saying that the light bulb was still glowing when you've unscrewed it from the lamp :-DAnyway, I think the problem you might be experiencing could be related to the driver you are using. Try looking for a newer version of the driver, perform a Windows Update, and see if either of the two solves your problem. The power saving feature is probably unrelated because the microphones do not work on re-booting and not while coming out of standby or hibernation.I often have a problem with my key board and mouse (trackpad on the laptop palmrest) responding when it comes out of standby. I've got an HP Compaq 6710b laptop running Windows XP. I had the same problem with Windows 7. To deal with the problem, I simply hit the little switch that turns off the monitor when the lid is closed and after pushing it once or twice, the key board and mouse start responding again. I'm not sure if your problem is similar, but you could try disabling standby and hibernation on the laptops and ensure that a full shutdown occurs when the users try to shut down their computers. On a normal startup, the SpeechMike microphones should work normally.