xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

wifi connection drops only when i turn my wifi on and connect Wireless Router Problems.

wifi connection drops only when i turn my wifi on and connectWireless Router Problems.

I hv been using my linksys router WRT54GL (b/g) and works fine with my devices ( like my iphone , laptop). But recently I bought a lenovo y550 which comes with a intel wifi 5100 a/b/and . when I turn my wifi on in my lenovo  , it recognize  the router and connects to it and then it immediately's drops the connection and again re-connects and disconnects and this happens all day long and when this happens the wifi which was in use on my other laptop and iphone gets disconnected and connects back only when I switch off my wifi on my lenovo .I thought I had a problem with my lenovo wifi , but it works fine with other router's at my friends house . And there is no problem with the signal as they are full (excellent) .

-question by Dilip

Hmmm i am not sure but i think that problem should be your router.Try to connect more devices with your router at one time just to see maybe,your router is problem,cuz some routers aren't good (they are cheap)) and they accept 2-3 devices max.If your devices connect then lets see,do someone set up your router,and if yes do you know whats the configuration IP,example 192.168.0.1 or whatever.If you know it try to open it with your web-browser and see is there some access point.If there is try to allow access to all devices you see on the list.Remember i am not getting response if you allow access to someone other so see which devices are yours,which are other computers